We just returned from our annual Spring trip to Pinegrove Ranch, and are already looking forward to our return. In 2012, they instituted a new riding program, which for people like us who go there mainly for riding, is fantastic! By paying just $99 extra, we were guaranteed 4 rides per day, for our entire stay. Anyone who has been to the ranch in the past, knows that you used to have to wait in the standby line, to try to get extra rides. And, unless you one of the first few people in that line, you usually couldn't get a horse. Hence, this new program is awesome! The wranglers were all wonderful, as always, and made our time on the trails very memorable. The bartender, Jeremy, was a blast! On a week when very few people were booked, he managed to keep us entertained every night! Nicole, who is in charge of the restaurant, was awesome! She took such good care of us, accommodating any special requests we had for dinner. We loved seeing Rob, the activities director, although we were pretty much occupied with riding most days. Skeeter is great, and went out of his way to make sure the entertainers we liked were performing while we were there. We plan to return in the summer (twice), and fall, as this is one of our favorite places to vacation. I know there are a lot of negative reviews out there on this place, but trust me when I say, it is worth the trip! The rooms are clean, although a little rustic, but any issues with them can be resolved promptly. The food is good, although it could be spiced up a bit. They have endless activities during the day, for those not obsessed with riding, and their evening entertainment is always great! The staff, from maintenance and housekeeping, all the way up to David, the owner, are the main reason we come back time and again. We are always made to feel like part of the family, and we can't say enough about everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort