I have just returned from Pinegrove with an eight year old. I will admit that after reading all the negatives about this place, I came close to forfeiting my deposit. Well, I went anyway. First of all, it is a ranch. I never expected elegance. I wanted to ride a horse, sleep in a clean room, and have fun
They have a daycamp where the children painted masks, made trick-or-treat bags, rode ponies, pillow-bounced, and paraded their costumes for treats. We played Bingo, listened to music, went swimming, hayriding, chatted and toasted marshmallows around the bonfires. Yes, my room was an older, more basic room, but it was very clean and my t.v. worked well and every channel worked as well. The staff was pleasant and accommodating, and it appeared that everyone was having a blast, as I was. My eight year old can't wait to return. Why is this place being trashed on trip-advisor? It was everything I expected from a dude ranch, and will definitely return before the year is out. The weekend flew by because we were having fun. I didn't have time to read my book as I thought I would. Of course, if you are willing to spend a couple of thousand to stay two nights at a dude ranch, then by all means, you should expect modern accommodations, gourmet meals, etc. I would take a cruise for that amount of money. I had a great time, definitely family-oriented, great for groups. The food is cafeteria quality, but definitely edible. However, some people won't be pleased no matter what they get. They walk in looking for what is wrong. So if you want to have a fun, relaxing, laid-back weekend, you are in for a treat...hey, they take responsibility for your children's entertainment at no cost to you.
Stop trashing this wonderful establishment. It's probably the competitors doing , anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort