We went here with a Groupon. We were happy to see that they had available rooms for Presidents day. We stayed in a Nevada room with our two toddlers and a dog (great that they allow dogs in the rooms). When we came back we bought a new Groupon because we liked the place a lot.
As other reviewers have said this is not a 5-star hotel (and we didn't expect this at this price). If you want this go somewhere else. However, if you want fun entertainment for you kids in beautiful surroundings for a good deal come here.
Beautiful surroundings with nice trails.
Lots of activities even in the winter. We did horseback riding (those are not ponies) with the kids, snow tubing, played with the animals in the petting zoo, swam in the indoor pool.
Good food and friendly service (except one guy in the restaurant that seemed rather stressed). You sit at the same table throughout your stay. I was surprised by the quality of the food. Maybe lunch was not as great as breakfast and dinner but fine with pizza, pasta, burgers, fries and ice-cream in a small food court. One sit down restaurant with sandwiches which was also fine but no windows.
Nice with live music each day and cocktail hour with free drinks. two different mixed drinks each day to choose from, wine, beer. Good snacks. Fireplace and bonfire outside.
Bars and evening entertainment (that we missed unfortunately due to toddlers bedtime).
Drop-off for kids for day camp. We didn't do this but it looked fun.
Photographers around to take family and riding pictures.
All personnel at the hotel very friendly and accommodating. People at the stables very nice and sweet to our children.
Nice lobby for gathering.
Cable TV in your room.
Rooms are a little outdated and worn.
Water that came out of the faucet was sometimes brown (at least in Nevada rooms) so we didn't drink it. We did shower in it though.
Their coffee is awful and in my opinion undrinkable but fortunately they have a Starbucks in the Ranch.
Since we don't drink soda (you get bottomless for $5) it would have been nice to be able to get free water. We had to purchase water in the vending machine because we couldn't drink the water in our room.
We didn't like that they put plastic covers on the table cloth. It made it look cheap. Why not just wash a few more table cloths.It woudl improve the look of the lobby.
Towels were thin and small. Bring your own. At least for the pool.
Overall a nice stay and we would recommend it. Just dont expect fine cuisine and 5-star accommodations but who would at a Dude Ranch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort