“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Columbia
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband had "dude ranch" on his bucket list, so I booked us 2 nights with a special from Groupon. Our beginner's horse ride was an excellent experience with assistance given if needed. Being on a ranch we were glad that we did not have to rough it, and had a clean room, plentiful food, enjoyed happy hour at the pool and campfires with singing. The guests were predominantly families with children and there seemed to be lots of activities for the younger set. We were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 July 2014

First dude ranch experience was a bummer. Booked thru groupon, for the hotel advertised a remodeled room. The only change was the mattress, holes in the wall, bathroom was very run down, loose fixtures, a fly was a resident. Over heard another guest complaining at front desk about a leak in their room (heavy rains one night). They had to live with it. Food was awful, had to buy a bottomless cup for $5 for soda. Pool grounds were a hazard, broken stones and chairs.
The only good thing about our stay was the friendly staff. Look for a different dude ranch!!

Room Tip: Find a different dude ranch!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Susan J

Travellers are raving about these Kerhonkson hotels

new jersey
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went up with a family of four not really knowing what to expect - especially with 2 teenagers! We ended up having a fantastic time! There were activities for everyone! It was all inclusive, which made it even better not having to take money out of your pocket. The entertainment was great and the food was, too. The staff was also wonderful - always available and ready, willing and able to help with a smile!
Definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dacir
Ny
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I just returned from my weekend at pine grove with my girl friend and my 5 year old daughter and her 9 year old daughter. The place is disgusting. Looks like it hasn't been renovated in 30 years. The rooms were awful, broken towel racks in the bathroom. The second and third day the pool water turned green. Many of the lounge chairs at the pool were broken. In the dining hall , we sat at a booth that was infested with nats. When we requested a move to another table, they moved us to another table which also had nats flying around. When we went to lunch at the snack bar, I asked for a cup of water. The guy behind the counter told me he can't give me any water because the water was brown. At this point i had had enough. Next year I will go to rocking horse ranch. Worth the extra money

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Snapple21
wallingford pa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We daughters and I returned this past weekend for a girls weekend with a friend and her daughter. We had 2 moms and 2-13 year olds and a 19 year old. we were here before on girl scout weekends and.wanted to try it without the troop. The room was very spacious but the full size bed was very noisy and sunk down in the middle.The mattress really needs to be replaced. The food was good and plentiful. We were disappointed when we arrived at 8 pm and hoped we could get a burger at the snack bar. The snack bar only had hot dogs this time. The hotel really needs to have water more readily available to the guests. they sold bottomless cups of soda for $5 but we had to wait online at the snack bar to get cup of water on a hot day. It would have been nice to have water coolers available. They had a delicious salad bar for lunch on Saturday but they would not let the non-salad eaters eat with us in the room where the salad bat was. It was confusing and cumbersome to find a place we could all eat together. The activities are plentiful and a little rough around the edges. We tried to play mini golf but could not locate any clubs.The nice part about the resort is the low key "retro" activities. We enjoyed the horseback riding.It was extra this trip although it was included on precious trips. The dining room was nice but we had a confusing table assignment and the service was not as good as we had remembered. The family style meal on Saturday night was delicious. we had so much confusion we ended up not tipping anyone because we did not know who to tip. The room was clean and quickly made up each day. Overall we had fun but I thought the price was a little much this time.We are thinking of coming again. The outside pool was open but it appeared brown and unappealing. Staff was working on it but it was closed by 3 pm because of ? testing of the chemicals. We really enjoyed the campfire and the man playing guitar. Most of the guests were in singing karaoke.

Room Tip: avoid room 137, the bed was desperately in need of a new mattress.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
East Amherst, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I found the horses to be in excellent condition, exceptionally well-trained and the wranglers very helpful. We took the first sunset ride of the season. Talk about fun! As you go through the woods, the deer just stand and look at you, the shadows of the sun as it lowers changes all the shades of green and shadows so much I was almost looking for the fairies under the leaves. Fantastic horses, not like many other riding facilities. These anilmals are well taken care of. If you've never ridden, this is the place to start. The guides are very careful about the guests' safety and comfort. We were in the advanced riders but I checked out the beginners and feel confident bringing our 8 year old here soon. I went with another mature lady but will be back with my granddaughters ASAP. The rooms were very clean and well taken care of. There is so much for everyone to do there and their website doesn't cover all of it. I especially enjoyed the music at happy hour. With the free wine, beer and appetizers it was delightful, fun and had everyone from 9 months to 90 singing and dancing. Lots and lots of good food. I think this is an exceptional bargain with everything the price includes. The only non-excellent rating I gave was for service and that was for food service only. The front desk was great, dining room food service adequate. Lunch/snack bars could be friendlier, a smile would be nice. Very minor minus. I went for the horses, came home very pleased.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary W
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I jut spent 5 nights at Pinegrove with my 23 yr old and 25 year old daughters, and it was a great family getaway. The place is well run, clean, and the staff is professional and accommodating. I enjoyed the food - it is basic, but tasty, and well prepared. All of the kitchen and dining staff there was awesome - so nice and polite and prompt.

The horses are well kept and the guide staff offer a great ride experience. I found the trails to be beautiful, and the overall experience was great.

The rooms are basic, but neat and clean, and again the staff who cared for them were polite and efficient.

The resort is located in a beautiful setting, and there's lots of nice things for families to do. The entertainment in the evening was very good, the saloon is so cute and the bartender was great, the nice little touches (like the campfire, archery shoot, bingo) etc. made for a great family vacation.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place. And again, superb staff who were so friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
Cold Spring Lodge
#2 of 2 in Big Indian
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Hudson Valley Resort and Spa

Been to Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!