“Had a great time!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Had a great time!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a wonderful time at Pinegrove. My two boys had plenty of activities and fun things to do. The horses and animals in the petting zoo were friendly and lovable, just taking the walk over to see them in the morning was a relaxing time. The rooms could use a little tlc but you're not in the room that often. We even took a ride over to a state park for one afternoon and hiked around a waterfall and lake. I would highly recommend this hotel/resort for a long family weekend. To end every night relaxing by the fire was just heavenly.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back away from the lobby have started to be renovated.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammi G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Please make sure you read this review and seriously consider cancelling your trip if you are already planning one or choose another destination. I truly couldn't believe the condition of their hotel and it is a shame that people waste their hard earned money to go here. I had mildew on my shower, the pool was brown and the worst part was there was brown water coming out of the faucets that actually turned the wash cloth a different color while bathing my child. I understand if the place is ran with well water but clearly something is not right for the water to be brown. I am not a food snob I like a wide variety of things but the food was terrible. The lunch area was so unappealing that I just skipped that meal while I was there. The only good thing about this place was the comedian at night and the horseback riding which is supposed to be an hour trail but instead was a half hour. Do not go to the dude ranch, I promise you, you will be highly unsatisfied!! I left in the middle of my stay and went to a lovely resort called SunnyHill Farm instead.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
14 Thank Christina B

Travellers are raving about these Kerhonkson hotels

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had a great time at the ranch, There have been many improvements . Check in was quick and efficient, The room I requested was honored and also renovated!
Food was much better than in the past, The new carving station is there and The new rolls are excellent, no more of the stale cut pieces, every night was fresh and good. The salad bar is a nice addition especially if you have the after lunch ride.Everything was fresh and Ashley did a great job checking to make sure everything was filled and everyone was happy!!The snack bar lines are crazy with the new soda cups and the single order sandwich making. (would be great to see them pre make the popular ones and put them in the case as they did in the past...made the line move quicker, I waited 35 minutes and gave up. So I am very excited about the new salad bar..Great french dressing included!!
The room had been upgraded with a new floor and my housekeeper Gail was exceptional. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect.
The new trails that have been opened were amazing, every time you go out there is a new trail to explore . The barn was spotless!! The horses looked great, The wranglers were attentive , helpful and friendly.
Mike is doing a great job and things were flowing smoothly. The grounds looked beautiful and the hallway air conditioners seem to be fixed and working well. Alot of improvements since last year with more to come.
A few things that would be nice to see fixed are. The bathroom by the barn or at least a few port a potties for the guests. The rooms are too far to have to run back to the lobby or your room, alot of the guests were looking for a bathroom also.
With the electronic keys it would be nice to be be able to leave a credit card number or cash and be able to charge on your card, alot of the times when you are at the pool you do not carry cash, but, you always have the room key.
The silver dollar really needs the entertainment back, Stephanie and Nicole were great. I did hear a few people mention that they didn't even know it was there, so a sign with arrows from the lobby may be helpful in getting guests in there. The 2 for 1 hour is also a great addition.
Love the new fire pit, much better location and can be enjoyed by all now that is so close. Although I was traveling solo, you never feel alone there as the staff is one of the best assets and make you feel very welcome!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ROBIN V
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went with my kids for the Fourth of July weekend, we just came back yesterday and I can’t wait to go again next year. I loved every minute I was there. The staff is wonderful, the surroundings are beautiful, there’s plenty of food, and I haven’t had such a good night’s sleep in years. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to relax for a few days.

Astoria, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I came here about 2 years ago with my kids for a weekend and realized that you needed more than that to really enjoy the place. Everything was included. We didn't spend any money other than paying for the reservation. This time around I went from June 29th to July 4th, well July 3rd cause we didn't want to stay anymore. I bragged about the place and got some friends to join. There were 45 of us. The whole time there, everyone was asking what I was thinking to invite them. The food was horrible. Used to be good. Also there was a 3 page menu, now there's a piece of paper with 3 dishes. Bacon was burnt every time. I can see messing up once, but the whole 5 days I was there. They used to have coffee available 24/7 and it was good. Now you have to buy coffee, unless you get it for breakfast or dinner and it was horrible. Flies everywhere, no air. I wanted to shower 3 times a day for how disgusting it was. You had to pay for bottomless cups, which used to be free. Alcoholic beverage prices went up. They were charging city prices for a small cup. I finish my drink in one sip. Burgers used to be available all day long, now it's only during lunch. Lunch lines took forever. Half the staff had attitude or couldn't speak English. Fishing poles used to be available for use, not anymore. They want you to buy it from the store. We went to Walmart, it was cheaper. The outdoor pool was brown the first 2 days we were there. Someone wiped feces all over the bathroom one night, I went in 2 days later and there were still stains from it. Like it wasn't scrubbed, just wiped away. It must have dried up from being kept that way for so long. The rooms were dirty, like they hadn't upgraded that part of the building since it was built. The washers turned my clothes colors. The colored clothes setting uses hot water, not cold. We lost money in almost all of the soda machines. They screwed us on the horseback riding. We were going as a group and they changed our reservation time. We went there and they only took half of the group. For that, they could have left our original time, so we can go together. It screwed up our plans for the rest of the day. We paid for 5 nights and half of us left early. We couldn't take it anymore. Whoever took over, won't last long at this rate. I spoke with other people there and all I heard was complaints about how horrible it was compared to previous visits. All of the people I spoke to said they wouldn't go back. My friends are still giving me crap for picking the place.

Room Tip: Go to the Rocking Horse, worth the money.
13 Thank AQ_Mom
Columbia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband had "dude ranch" on his bucket list, so I booked us 2 nights with a special from Groupon. Our beginner's horse ride was an excellent experience with assistance given if needed. Being on a ranch we were glad that we did not have to rough it, and had a clean room, plentiful food, enjoyed happy hour at the pool and campfires with singing. The guests were predominantly families with children and there seemed to be lots of activities for the younger set. We were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol H
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 July 2014

First dude ranch experience was a bummer. Booked thru groupon, for the hotel advertised a remodeled room. The only change was the mattress, holes in the wall, bathroom was very run down, loose fixtures, a fly was a resident. Over heard another guest complaining at front desk about a leak in their room (heavy rains one night). They had to live with it. Food was awful, had to buy a bottomless cup for $5 for soda. Pool grounds were a hazard, broken stones and chairs.
The only good thing about our stay was the friendly staff. Look for a different dude ranch!!

Room Tip: Find a different dude ranch!!
7 Thank Susan J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
Minnewaska Lodge
Cold Spring Lodge
Cold Spring Lodge
#2 of 2 in Big Indian
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie

Been to Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!