“Fabulous Family Reunion!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Montauk, New York
“Fabulous Family Reunion!”
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I attended my family reunion at the Pinegrove Ranch the weekend of July 17-19, 2009 and I can't say enough about this resort! First off, please don't listen to any negative reviews on this place!!!! This was our 7th annual reunion and our absolute best yet. My cousin and I are in charge of scouting out and booking the resort to hold these reunions and I can honestly say our search has ended with the Pinegrove. We'll be coming back year after year after year, that's for sure. The service was first rate, from the front desk to the dining room staff, housekeeping, bartenders, lifeguards and of course, Cowboy Denny, who made our stay easy and fun with non-stop entertainment. I stayed in one of the Wyoming rooms which was roomy and clean, the air conditioning worked well and the water was nice and hot when needed! I could go on and on about the amenities: the cocktail party each night was great, we even had Karaoke one night! There are ping-pong tables and pool tables scattered about; live music in the Silver Dollar Saloon upstairs and a DJ with dancing in the disco downstairs; an indoor pool and mini-golf; the outdoor pool was terrific with the 2 water slides and plenty of lounge chairs in and out of the sun; hula-hoop contests and egg tosses. Did I mention the horseback riding, racquet ball and rock climbing? Too much fun and I know I'm leaving out lots of things available to do! The food was very good and we enjoyed breakfast and dinner in the dining room each day while lunch was served at the "food court" offering sandwiches, pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers, french fries and ice cream (these snack bars were open practically all day and night for snacks which was perfect for the kids). I can't say what I liked best because the whole experience was wonderful and we all had a great time - there were approx. 45 of us ranging in age from 2 years old to 82 years old and every age in between! I don't think any of us had any complaints!!! Don't hesitate booking your stay here, you will not be disapopinted.

Stayed July 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Rockaway Beach
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Pinegrove is a terriffic place for the family or couples, your children wont be bored hear the activities are many! And the horse back riding is available thruout the day,included in your rate.Friendly staff,plenty of food, scenic mountian view along with live entertainment
makes this place a homerun for me and thats why I will return next year. Six years now and I still love this place what more can I say good value good people good food good time. And did I mention the snack baris free!

dumont, new jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I have been going to Pinegrove since i was a little kid, now i take my kids. Needless to say i am 41. Pinegrove has always been a place of comfort and warmth. To see the smile on my sons face when he is running to the barn to see Ms. Joann is priceless.
Like everything with time things tend to get worn. The one thing that does not is the friendliness. I enjoy every aspect from sitting at poolside or sending the kids off to day camp, from riding my favorite baren to seeing sunshine paint the faces of all the children. It is a family experience one should try

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
westchester, ny
Reviewed 27 August 2009

our first time at the ranch, we were 2 families traveling with young children, immediately cowboy Denny made you feel as if you were there as a regular. There was so much to do for the kids right at your fingertips. Every night the ranch kept the families entertained with different activities...had a blast on kareoke night!!! I would recommend this place for a peaceful and fun time for families.  We all will be back next year!!!!

Lacey, NJ
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We had an awesome time!

Our room was clean and comfortable which was appreciated after our day of riding.

The people at the stable, like all we came across were helpful and pleasant! While they cared for our safety, they also were dedicated to us enjoying ourselves. The horses were wonderful and gave us much enjoyment. Having a standby line was wonderful allowing us to ride often.

We went on the cattle drive our last day. It was a blast! I don't think we qualify for the job though! I still laugh as I think of how the few cows we got to drive just drifted away. Oh Well! Have great respect for those who can! But it was the thrill of a life time. One is never too old to try new things. My husband and I are in our 50s.

My daughter Patti 15, did the barn brats and now is looking to have lessons where we live in riding and the care of horses. Though there a short time, only 4 days, we felt and were treated like friends.

The food was great! Everything was cooked according to order. Our waiter was very attentive and accomandating.
Hearing the dinner triangle hit and your warm "Howdy" added to the enjoyment. Breakfasts were good and lunches at the food court were great too! Really enjoyed the fresh baked cookies. We also enjoyed our italian dinner there the one night. It had the relaxing ambiance of a restaurant.

We enjoyed the shows each night.

While we were there for horseback riding, there were lots of other things to do. My daughters 26 and 15 enjoyed the pool, laser tag and other activities.

We hope to come again and stay longer.

The Matthews family
John, Vickie and Jennifer and Patti

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
new york
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Looking foward to a great trip with the family? Stay home before you spend your hard earned money at this "DIRTY MOTEL " ! The place was the most disgusting establishment I have ever had the misfortune of visiting. We are avid travelers so we know what "Nice" is. The bedrooms smelled like urine, the bathrooms had the "sanitary seal" on the toilets yet the toilets has feces and urine all over the rim, based on the amount of flies, you would think there were dead bodies, The so called "day care" was a smelly moldy dank room you wouldn't leave your worst enemie in, and the food was "ok" at very best. Based on the amount of flies in the main area I couldn't imagine how many were in the kitchen where your food is prepared. The employees that had no clout in the motel were wonderful people. The management of this establishment were not nice to say the least. It seemed like they were doing me a favor by letting me stay in their disgusting establishment. We went to book our dinner reservations with "Denny" and he was one extremely abrasive wanna-be cowboy. Asking simple questions resulted in an attitude that was not deserved. Cindy the so called "Manager" was the icing on the cake. She did not want to hear one thing anyone had to say. I think she was in denial that she actually had to work for such a dump and was just so embarrassed that she found no other way to respond but with an attitude. I would hate myself too if that was the place I had to manage. The fact that Pinegrove Ranch puts the word "RESORT" in their name just shows me that they have never been to a "RESORT" !! While leaving 2 days early, we happened upon 9 other families that were disgusted and had chosen to leave early also. If I thought for a moment that this place deserved a second chance, I would certainly give it one but by no means did it deserve the first chance. So if you are looking for a nice place to go and relax and enjoy your vacation time, choose to go to another place like rocking horse ranch!!!!

3 Thank tff01

Travellers are raving about these Kerhonkson hotels

Long Island
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Just came back from another great week-end at Pinegrove Ranch. This is our second year and surely not our last.
It is a family oriented vacation with lots of activities, rain or shine. We did have some rain!!!!!
Meals are served for breakfast and dinner with lots of choices, which included fresh veggies. Our family of 3 adults, 2 children had no complaints and all food was served with a smile. Lunch is informal at food court , chuckwagon grill, deli, or pizza. We had no problem eating this food. The grill is open most of the day with hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, soft serve ice cream and slurpees. Not the most healthy food to eat all the time but you are on vacation. By the looks of some of the guests it looks like they eat this food all the time. So why the complaints!!!!!
The horseback riding is great. Beginner, intermediate and advanced and the wranglers do a great job of keeping everyone safe and making their ride enjoyable. Their job is not easy especially when the weather is hot and humid.
I must say , I have traveled extensively in my 66 years and have been to many upscale resorts and hotels ,not to be compared . If you are looking for a reasonable place to spend time with your family, this is a vacation to be considered. The kids love it. It's a great place to give your kids freedom to roam and not worry about them. That's what is important.
In closing, I must say there is always room for improvement and my family and I look forward to all the good things the O'Halloran family have planned for the ranch.
Another memorable vacation with my family and that's all that's important to me. Lots of fun, laughs and ofcourse photos. Thank you Pinegrove for giving us an affordable vacation.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
Minnewaska Lodge
#2 of 2 in Big Indian
Hampton Inn Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
#1 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!