We came here for a Country Line Dance weekend. The weekend was great and the facility worked out beautifully for this event. Food was served in a timely fashion (a bit of a snafu with our table's meals on Sat evening) but for the most part more food than you could eat in a day! Wait staff could have been a bit more attentive; the bar staff was friendly and helpful.
On the negative side, many areas of the facility smell musty/moldy. Several others in our group had the same complaint. Reading reviews here we were prepared with allergy meds. Our room was a bit musty smelling but not so much that I felt ill; I have to wonder how often these rooms are used/cleaned...maybe that is part of the problem. Our room was comfortable but the rug hadn't been vacuumed before our arrival; all sorts of stuff on it. Bathroom appeared to be clean and ready for use. Our A/C unit worked but the temperature dial was broken...just spun around and around. Could only control temp by turning the fan up or down.
Overall this once beautiful facility needs some serious TLC (paint peeling, rugs dirty and worn, (paint on our ceiling was two colors), rooms were poorly lit), and to discover why it has these areas (example near the theatre) that smell so moldy. Does the health inspector not notice this?
One of our lightbulbs was burned out and we asked cleaning staff for a new one on Sat a.m. but never got it. Room was tidy enough but definitely did not smell as if it has been recently been cleaned. The pillows were flat, bed was o.k, but not great. We stay at Hampton Inns a lot and compared to their rooms, this place was far inferior. Also, no coffee pot or mini fridge in room. I guess for 10.00 extra a night you could have a small fridge brought up.
Not sure how busy this place is when not hosting an event such as this, but could be an awesome place to stay if they poured some repair dollars into it.
Had we not been here for this fun event we would have checked out and found another facility. We most likely will return for this event again, hoping maybe things will have improved a bit?? But after seeing so many poor reviews I feel this is not likely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hudson Valley Resort & Spa is a premier resort destination in the Hudson Valley Catskills region. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Shawangunk Mountains and surrounded by gorgeous Catskill views, we offer a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, full service health spa, and a state of the art conference center.Set on more than 400 wooded acres adjacent to Minnewaska State Park, this recently renovated historic Catskill Resort offers 270 rooms and suites and 41,000 sq. ft. of luxurious conferencing, ballrooms, meeting and banquet space. Our spectacular setting is enhanced by a challenging, 18-hole, par 71 championship golf course which is as demanding as it is beautiful. After the 18th hole, relax with a visit to our European health Spa. Treatments range from Swedish, Hot Stone, and sports massages to European facials and hair and body treatments. Other resort amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, Tennis Courts, Fitness Centers, Basketball Courts, Arcade Center, Children's Playground, Mini-Golf and More!Centrally located in the heart of the Shawangunks, surrounded by the fabled Catskill Mountains, and perfectly situated for enjoying all that the Hudson Valley has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Hudson Valley Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hudson Valley Hotel Kerhonkson
- Hudson Valley Resort And Spa Kerhonkson