My mother, sister and I stayed here this past weekend as part of my 30th bday celebration and it was a HUGE let down. Unfortunately we didn't look at reviews beforehand and boy were we sorry. The hotel is COMPLETELY run-down. It was like a strange time warp. Nothing has been updated since the 70s and because of that items are breaking (e.g., terrible beds and sheets, leaking ceiling in gym, missing light bulbs, wood paneling, AC wall units.. list goes on and on).
We arrived late Saturday night, right in the middle of a Polka convention, 2 weddings and Bat Mitzvah. They put us in the room right above the bat mitzvah and it sounded as if we were on the dance floor. After trying to sleep on the cement slabs they call beds, we couldn't stand the noise anymore (@ 12:25am) and asked for a room change. They told us 2x that there was nothing they could do for us, then finally after the 3rd attempt (and going down to the front desk) they put us in the wedding suite in the "luxury tower". Whomever named it the luxury tower must be blind or on drugs, because it was just as rundown as the rest of the resort. The room they moved us into was a suite, but only had a king size bed, so I was forced to sleep on the couch. I should mention that this "luxury" room comes with a jacuzzi in the bedroom and 2 sofas, one was an old lazy boy couch (which seemed so out of place, we were thinking an employee must have donated it).
We got massages which were ok - not bad, but not great. The masseuse was very sweet, but there was NO staff so we started my appointment 30 minutes after it was scheduled (because she had to set everything up herself). The locker room was again, SUPER outdated. You need locks for the lockers, so you have to bring your stuff into the service room with you. The steam room is broken and the water pressure is terrible.
We did spend some time at the pool which was clean and quiet - again outdated. It was a little difficult to relax over the Polka music that was STILL going on.
Overall, this place was run down and creepy. It was like being at the shinning. They said the place was sold out, but I don't know where these people came from cause it was terrible and I would never go back or send my worst enemy. Go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hudson Valley Resort & Spa is a premier resort destination in the Hudson Valley Catskills region. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Shawangunk Mountains and surrounded by gorgeous Catskill views, we offer a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, full service health spa, and a state of the art conference center.Set on more than 400 wooded acres adjacent to Minnewaska State Park, this recently renovated historic Catskill Resort offers 270 rooms and suites and 41,000 sq. ft. of luxurious conferencing, ballrooms, meeting and banquet space. Our spectacular setting is enhanced by a challenging, 18-hole, par 71 championship golf course which is as demanding as it is beautiful. After the 18th hole, relax with a visit to our European health Spa. Treatments range from Swedish, Hot Stone, and sports massages to European facials and hair and body treatments. Other resort amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, Tennis Courts, Fitness Centers, Basketball Courts, Arcade Center, Children's Playground, Mini-Golf and More!Centrally located in the heart of the Shawangunks, surrounded by the fabled Catskill Mountains, and perfectly situated for enjoying all that the Hudson Valley has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hudson Valley Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hudson Valley Hotel Kerhonkson
- Hudson Valley Resort And Spa Kerhonkson