We spent 5 days here for a family reunion. Our group had a private dining area for breakfast and dinner. The food was wonderful and there was more than enough of everything. Our waiters were extra helpful and my coffee cup did not stay empty for long! Our whole group was on the 7th floor and all of the rooms were clean and very spacious. There were small refrigerators in each room that could hold a few supplies and water bottles. There was no safe in the room, but we did not need one anyway. The rooms do have some issues, cracks in the wall and such, but nothing dangerous or not acceptable. Our window was cloudy between the layers of glass and distorted one of the most beautiful views we have ever had at a hotel.
As for the amenities, we used the tennis courts (there are 4) which were acceptable, but had some cracks. The indoor pool was a bit cool for some of our group, but we still spend a good amount of time there. The outdoor pool must have a leak and it constantly has a hose refilling it...that makes it very chilly, especially this unusually cool summer. The pool area has plenty of seating available and even a few tables in the back where we had a picnic lunch of pizza, delivered from a nearby pizza shop.
The lobby is immense and "gloriously dilapidated". The couches were comfortable and plentiful, but the roof leaked during the one storm and the carpet had a few wrinkles that could be a tripping hazard for some.
Only a few negatives: Wifi was not available in all rooms and frequently was overloaded, kicking some of us off. In this electronic age, it is a necessary "luxury" to have dependable wifi in all rooms. The only other negative was the lack of food available for other times. The small food service they called the cafe was not open until 2 pm.. a little late for lunch...and had a very limited selection. Those who looked for coffee during the day were also frequently disappointed as there was no coffee available.
All in all, it was a nice place and suited our needs very well. If you are looking for a fancy, updated hotel with all the amenities, this is not it. If you want a clean comfortable place to stay with amazing location views and lots to do, this is your place. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hudson Valley Resort & Spa is a premier resort destination in the Hudson Valley Catskills region. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Shawangunk Mountains and surrounded by gorgeous Catskill views, we offer a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, full service health spa, and a state of the art conference center.Set on more than 400 wooded acres adjacent to Minnewaska State Park, this recently renovated historic Catskill Resort offers 270 rooms and suites and 41,000 sq. ft. of luxurious conferencing, ballrooms, meeting and banquet space. Our spectacular setting is enhanced by a challenging, 18-hole, par 71 championship golf course which is as demanding as it is beautiful. After the 18th hole, relax with a visit to our European health Spa. Treatments range from Swedish, Hot Stone, and sports massages to European facials and hair and body treatments. Other resort amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, Tennis Courts, Fitness Centers, Basketball Courts, Arcade Center, Children's Playground, Mini-Golf and More!Centrally located in the heart of the Shawangunks, surrounded by the fabled Catskill Mountains, and perfectly situated for enjoying all that the Hudson Valley has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hudson Valley Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hudson Valley Hotel Kerhonkson
- Hudson Valley Resort And Spa Kerhonkson