“Stay * Relax * Enjoy”

Ranked #2 of 8 Kingston B&B and Inns
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Stay * Relax * Enjoy”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The room (apartment) was impeccably clean and contained everything you could want in a home away from home. Owners BC & Larry were wonderfully accommodating, extremely informative and obviously put a good deal of thought into thinking of everything to make you feel comfortable down to the fresh ½ & ½ and milk for your morning coffee. The bed was super comfy with pillows galore and the curtains blocked the light if you wanted to sleep in. There was a large selection of books, games and other reading material. Did I say how wonderfully clean the place was?
The area was lovely and safe with plenty to do and see. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank joyce h
LarryZ79, Owner at Rondout Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for noticing how clean our suites are. We put a lot of effort in making sure each apartment suite is clean, comfortable and appealing. We are very happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

First, let me say that I didn't actually stay in this Inn. We simply made a reservation request and it was a terrible experience. We waited several days and never received a response. I called and left voice mail and sent an email. When we finally got in touch, the lady said she replied but we certainly never got any kind of email or call.

Next, since the apartment is advertised as fully equipped, I had asked if there was an oven. I wanted to bake a batch of sugar cookies since we were staying there on Christmas. The lady said the oven wasn't available for use because of insurance purposes. I said that was fine, that our relatives lived near and I could bake there. HOWEVER, the lady continued to badger me heavily about my potential misuse of the unit and even said, "we can't have strange smells coming out of the apartments." She THEN told me that her husband was listening in on the other end of the phone (silently? freaky? why?) and that he also thought they shouldn't rent to me.

I have never been so offended by any travel arrangement in my life. The lady said I should just stay somewhere else (what? I said I wouldn't use your oven!). I replied that NO, I would not be staying there because she was incredibly RUDE!

Stay away from this freaky couple. It's not worth the hassle!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jo K
LarryZ79, Owner at Rondout Inn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Firstly, I did respond by e-mail explaining that insurance regulations would not allow use of the oven. After getting no answer, we assumed the reservation request was no longer valid. Secondly my husband was NOT on the line. I returned her call using my CELL phone. When she asked about baking, I explained again what I had sent in the email: that due to insurance the oven in the apartment was not set up for baking. She didn't seem to understand so I also explained that previous guests who had experienced heavy food smells had been so unhappy that we are now very conscientious about guest cooking in the apartments. She became so belligerent and loud my husband could hear her from the other side of the room. I offered to help find somewhere else where she would be happier. But she became angrier and angrier and finally hung up on me. She then threatened us with a later email: " we will make sure your inn is never recommended to others." Obviously she feels our rules should not apply to her. We have never seen nor met her. Her review is a mean-spirited and vindictive.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was surprised to see how clean and well kept the little apartments are here. I would definitely say to anyone who is passing through to stay here! Ideal location, wake up and walk to Dolce for breakfast and then lunch or dinner at Savonas! Then come back to a little night cap already set up in the room!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria K
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This federalist building with a third floor flat was a perfect choice. The neighborhood was historic and interesting. The flat was comfortable with kitchen (fully equipped), bedroom, living room, office space with antique desk and tempting choices on the bookshelf. It would be hard to imagine a better space for all the comforts of home and a great place to discover the historic Kingston area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MTM45
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights last weekend and were very happy with our choice. We were in the Wiltwyck suite. The accommodations were perfect. We were thinking of a traditional B&B but decided to go with the Rondout inn. So glad we did. It was so comfortable. It was a fully equipped apartment. We didn't use the kitchen but it was nice to have. The den or reading room was wonderful. The hosts were great. Very friendly and informative about the area. The neighborhood was really cool. A couple of blocks from the water front and many restaurants to choose from. No driving necessary. The location is within driving distance to all of Ulster and Duchess county events. If your thinking about it just book it. You wont regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JasonNdenise
Boston
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at the Rondout Inn on Aug 3. We lucked into a cancellation. What a charming place with the most thoughtful hosts. The suite was recently renovated to a high standard. Fully equipped for folks anticipating a longer stay. High quality furnishings including antiques.

We have stayed at other Kingston/Rondout hotels in the past and none are as good as this. Value for money is the best.

The photo might indicate you are on the Strand. In fact the location is a couple of blocks up Broadway, but still in the midst of the vibrant dining/shopping/arts district.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doubleespresso
Midwest
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I made a last minute trip into Kingston to visit a friend for 24 hours. On a Sunday afternoon, I called Rondout Inn and they were able to make a room up for me within an hour! The kitchen was fully stocked with teas and coffee, the bathroom with toiletries, everything you could possibly need for your stay.

I stayed in the 2nd floor suite which had an extremely comfy queen-size bed in an alcove with two closets, a large dresser, and pocket doors that could be closed for privacy. I am a history nerd and enjoyed exploring the room that was filled with some amazing antiques (the bedside lamps were clearly from a period when they were gas lamps!) and charm.

I didn't explore the street much, as it was really a 24 hour mad dash with a friend to do as much as possible, but the owners have a giant binder with everysinglething you need; information on food places (SEVERAL within walking distance), historical things to see and do, museums, hiking trails, festivals....everything!

If you are traveling to the area, this place is a must-stay!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo