“one great meal”

Frank Guido's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
Frank Guido's Little Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This restaurant was busy,that is a good sign. The bus tour I was on pulled up and this was the place for dinner. We went upstairs and had the choice of fish or chicken , I took chicken. What I got was the finest Chicken Marsala I had ever had. The service was great and parking is plentiful just across the street. So enjoy a great meal you will be glad you did.

Sal G, Owner at Frank Guido's Little Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed the chicken marsala and your visit to Little Italy. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Frank Guido's restaurants are all excellent. The food is superb and the waitstaff super friendly. Went with mom for lunch. Location is not the greatest.

Sal G, Owner at Frank Guido's Little Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch at Frank Guido's Little Italy.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My wife and I ate here about 3 months ago and I guess if you feel The Olive Garden is Italian you might enjoy it. My wife and I were both raised on home made Italian and spent much of lives in the Hoboken, NYC, Northern NJ enjoying real Italian restaurants. We've both eaten in the original Carmine's in NYC a dozen time and each time was a treat. The food here was ok but not worth the price, and it wasn't that pricey. I ordered a Zuppa di Pesce and asked for lobster to be included. The lobster was either way overcooked or not fresh and the Zuppa was bland. I added some crushed pepper, salt, ground pepper, and a some cheese to help it out. My wife ordered rice balls and they were ok, but not great, they didn't seem homemade and her Chicken Francese was just ok, a little bland. I have to say the server was excellent but we both left saying we should have stayed at home and cooked ourselves or have cheated and gone to Adam's and just heated it up at home. With that said, if you do not know home-style, fresh, true Italian you will most likely enjoy it. However, if you know true home cooked Italian, stay home and cook yourself.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We went with friends before a movie. I got the risotto special (zucchini and sun-dried tomato). Husband fgot the osso bucco. An assortment of breads came to the table, and a lovely olive oil blend was poured on to our plates. that was quite good. When the food finally arrived, the zucchini was sliced "rustically" - and by this I mean it looked like a child had sliced the vegetable. There were a LOT of tomatoes, and they overwhelmed the other flavors in the dish. I did not finish. My husband enjoyed his osso bucco, but it would have been much more attractive in a large shallow bowl. The carrots served with it were cooked to death. And it would have been better with some potatoes or rice or risotto on the plate. The side of pasta that cam with it was mostly untouched. We did not stay for dessert. Service was hit or miss. I had been wanting to try this place, but I don't think I'll go back. And I thought it was pricey for what we got.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I used to love this fine food establishment, but it has since, gone down in quality and service. My complaints are as follows. The bread is no longer automatically brought to you before dinner, you have to ask for it, when it is delivered, its usually stale and not warm. The main cook, I heard has gone to another restaurant in Saugerties and it shows. My last meal there was the lasagne, which I loved there, hardly any cheese, little ricotta and the sauce was fair at best. I was very disappointed, it was the one place, I could rely on for consistent good meals, but the last two trips were mediocre. I have decided not to make the long trip from Coxsackie anymore. This is what happens, when you dont keep a eye on your business, some people love average food, service, etc. I do not, when I go out and spend my hard earned money, I expect to be rewarded with a exceptional food and service, well sadly not anymore at the once Great Little Italy.

Sal G, Owner at Frank Guido's Little Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

I would like to apologize for the last two "sub-par" experiences that you have had at Little Italy. We have always prided ourselves on quality food and great service and I want to thank you for your input, they will certainly be addressed. Our kitchen staff is the same as it has been for quite a few years now and we will certainly look into the problems that you addressed.