“good experience”

Dining options: Reservations
Poughkeepsie, New York
“good experience”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Been there several times--never disappointed. their service and food lets you know they want you back. Great part (if you like chunky blu cheese) they come out with a bowl for your salad and you tell them when to stop. Recommend !!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Thomas R

kingston, ny
“great food at a great price”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

went to christinas in january of 2014 and am always happy with the food, the service and quality of the food here. if you order off of the early bird menu you can get soup or salad, dinner and dessert for 1 low price. prices of the food are similar to other restaurants in the area. i had the pistachio crusted salmon again which wasnt on the menu but they were happy to prepare it for me. it was a special of the day the last time i was there. delicious. left there satisfied and full.... again. i would recommend Christina's restaurant to anyone.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank worldtraveller715
“Good Italian”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite spot when I want lasagna or manicotti. Come out & try some good food. It has a very nice ambiance.

Stanhope, New Jersey
“Great food, good times !”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had not tried Christina's, but had been here numerous times when it was Guidos. The food was great, the service was outstanding and the atmosphere was impressive. We were there for lunch the day after Christmas, for my daughter's birthday. I cannot find anything even slightly negative to say . Everything was wonderful, including the prices !

• Visited December 2013
Hunter, New York
“What a Surprise!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We ate here when it was Guidos awhile ago and did not like it at all. The restaurant has been remodeled inside and looks so much better! The only bad thing is while you cannot hear the trains go by behind the restaurant, the noise volume inside can get rather loud. We ate during the early bird and it wasn't crowded but it was very noisy. You can hear what the people were talking about across the floor.
Now, for the food. After the friendly waitress asked for our drink order, she came back with a basket of 4 kinds of breads, butter, and a small plate of hummus that was not overpowered by garlic which some can be.
The soups, onion and chicken with rice, were too salty. We do not use salt so if you do eat salt it may not be salty for your taste. We both thought, oh great if this is salty the rest of the food will be also. How wrong we were!
We ordered the grilled portabella mushroom, topped with spinach, roasted red pepper and fresh mozzarella topped with drizzled basalmic vinegar. There was too much spinach and not enough cheese for my taste but it still was good and large enough to share.
Next came the salad. It was fresh and crisp, and had the house dressing on the side. A mixture of lettuces and just the right amount of chick peas, carrots, onion and tomato. Then to top it off she asked if we would like blue cheese crumbles on top without an extra charge.
Dinner was superb! I had my 2 favorites, chicken parm and Mac and cheese. Never saw this combination in any restaurant so I jumped at it. Mac and cheese was done to perfection! Pasta was cooked just right and the 5 cheese mix was the right combo. Chicken was cooked a little too much but the sauce and cheese made up for it.
My husband had the pork loin with applejack, grilled onions, and apples. Since he had one of the early bird specials it came with a choice of pasta, baked potato or french fries. He choose the angel hair pasta with oil and garlic. He said it tasted like it was missing something so I tasted it and it was not having a lot of garlic. For me that is fine but for someone who likes a lot of garlic you might want to pass.
His dessert was included but I had to pay for mine. He had the chocolate mousse which was light and fluffy. I had the bread pudding with apples. Apples could have been cut smaller and the bread pudding was one of the best I have had. I'm glad we took them home because the size of these desserts were large. Talking about size, every serving was not lacking of food we took half home with us.
Dinner with 2 soft drinks, appetizer and an extra dessert was $56. I don't think this was a lot at all since we have lunch for the next day. Try it here during their early bird 3:00 to 5:30, you will not be disappointed in their prices or their food. We will go back again.

• Visited November 2013