“Very genuine Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kai's Kitchen

Kai's Kitchen
Ranked #53 of 208 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Kingston, NY
“Very genuine Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Let me preface my comments by saying that I have traveled extensively through China and have a pretty good idea what the food taste like there. Without hesitation I would recommend Kai's offer for being straight forward, genuine and true to its roots. Owner Kai and his wife are delighful and gracious hosts plus you are in the middle of the action since the place is small and you see him cook right in front of you. It's not a fancy place....by far, but it's a close to eating real Chinese food without leaving the country and the bill will put a smile on your face. Make sure to try the dumplings.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AJS-NY

New York City, New York
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I really love this little place. Everyone is so nice and the food is really good! I would recommend for anyone to at least try it.

Port Ewen, NY usa
“Addictive hacked chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I am completely addicted to a $5 chicken dish they have, Hacked chicken in spicy sauce. It's a cross between a hot dish and a salad, with velvety chicken on lettuce in an amazingly flavorful sauce, that's so good I tip the plate up to drink off any leftover. The owner loves to talk about his food. My first visit he gave me a taste of something I hadn't ordered to convince me it was the best I'd ever tasted. He was right. Another time, I was reminiscing about a sautéed green bean with pickled vegetable dish (not on Kai's menu), and he went into his private stash of pickled vegetables to make me the dish. The food is really, really good, unexpected in a homely place.

• Visited June 2013
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Great food and owners.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

We found this through reviews on another travel site. Don't be put off by it's "hole in the wall" run down strip mall appearance. This is a hidden gem. Although mostly take out, there are about 5 tables. The husband and wife owners were very friendly and liked to talk about the restaurant and their food. The Chinese and Thai food, served on plastic plates was fresh, very tasty and unique. The portions were large and prices small. Kai moved up from NYC to open this place. I tried to convince him to move down to the Philly burbs! We could use him.

Visited June 2013
“Best Chinese in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Love this place. Always pretty quick. Very friendly staff. We are locals and always get take out from here. Their lo mein is delicious, generous portions!