“Terrible Hotel...Don't stay here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
“Terrible Hotel...Don't stay here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

When we arrived the lobby was hot and smelled like old food. Our room was on the second floor and the lights in the hall were not on. The room itself was dirty and the water in the sink did not work. We were switched to another room and that was no better. It clearly had not been cleaned in a while. I wiped down the counter and cleaned the tub. The clean towels and sheets are stored on the floor in the hallway. I took a picture. I'd almost rather sleep in my car tonight.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank lisa71370

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

it is never good sign that you at a quality property when you have to pay up front in full. it's just ha no class and shows no respect for the guest.
The room was comfortable enough but for the next week II found another hotel.

the free breakfast doesn't start till 8 am, so i was useless for me.

Room ws clean but not spotless and housekepping ws adaquate.
Adaquate pretty much sums up this hotel. faint praise alll itd eserves

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank quasitravel
Barnegat, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Travel about 2-3 nights per week for business, and in 30 years have never had as useless a front desk staff as today. Stayed at this hotel for the first and last time. The front desk closes from midnight to 8am, and was told its 9am in the winter. They advertise a breakfast bar, but since the front desk is closed and locked until 8am, well you get the picture. With all this I could not check out nor receive a receipt for my stay. Since tis is business travel, well I don't have the luxury of just hanging out until 8 or so. I did call the hotel at 8am, and requested my receipt for the nights stay to be faxed, the clerk became rather rude, would not acknowledge who he was nor offer his name. This facility is in dire need of a re-fresh from the rugs to the staff, is way overpriced for what you receive, and is on my stay away list from here out

Room Tip: Travel 10 miles further north and stay away from this location
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Garry H
STMK2900, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
As you are very important to us and your oponion matters, management would like to apologize for your inconveniences and unpleasant experiences. We ask that you give us another chance and continue to do business with us so we can make sure your next stay and furthure more is satisfactory. Once again the management team and staff would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences.

Management

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I booked a room to stay in and payed in advance but had to cancel due to a change a plans. I called and asked for a refund the clerk said it was taken care of. With no refund days later I called again and the clerk was absolutely rude saying I had no reservation and the hotel will not accept payments on advance. I explained this was not he case and it on my bank statement it was payed. He raised his voice and was very rude to me. He proceeded to tell me I was wrong an call back when I had the date I was charged. I Called him back 1 min later and he said he found out I did pay in advance my name was spelled wrong in the computer. He canceled the booking without giving an apology for his rude behavior. Customers always right! I will never book here again with such rude staff.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ChrissyWhipple
We would like to apologize for the misunderstanding and the behavior of our staff. Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your opinion. we ask that you continue to do business with us so we can make your stay an entirely different experience.

Hawkesbury, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel cost us 150.00$ per night, it looked good on the outside, but inside was a whole different story. The hotel clerk was very quick in processing the room fee, the hotel room was not clean we had to LYSOL the whole room including the bed sheets just to put our touch of cleanliness to it. The bathroom had hair on the floor and in the bathtub, and the worst of it was the water was a yellowish color and it stank like hell. At the pool the cement was cracking all over and worst of all the pool railing got loose when my daughter got a hold of it and fell to the bottom of the pool. Thank God we were there for 1 night only. Please choose something else, I would NEVER, NEVER go back much less recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MaDodo2013
To our value customers: we value your opinion and would like tou thank you for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay at our property. We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your experienced and how you feel about our property. I hope your daughter is doing well and was not hurt at all. We are asking that you give us another chance so we can do our very best to make sure your stay is most comfortable to our knowledge.

Panama City Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Extremely pet friendly pets even allowed in pool area.Terrific location, nice setting, great pool, very good restaurant, friendly staff, clean but shabby really needs reno. Enjoyed our stay, would recomend, can't beat the price, would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Our value guest: Management and staffs would like to thank you for your nice words and for taking the time to place this comment. It's grately appreciated and we would very much like to have you back. once again thank you.

long island ,ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I love that this hotel was the right price. it had a microwave and a refrigerator. the pool was chrystal clear but the chairs were all broken and there was one table around the pool ready to break. The man behind the desk was rude and he made you feel like you were bugging him. It said breakfast include. It was coffee, milk , white bread, grape jelly only grape butter and froot loops and cherios. when it ran out there was no more. Our toilet was always overflowing. he gave us a plunger.then the toilet in the lobby over flowed. I mean come on. The towels smelled badly of like must and smoke. I had to beg for towels. It is totally the fault of the management. If a new manager who was caring and friendly came in there it would be great. I was so disappointed. The only good think was the pet friendliness of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LongIsland_nySchatzi

Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
Residence Inn Kingston
#4 of 10 in Kingston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!