“On the money”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Hudson River Valley, New York
“On the money”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We had brunch the other day at Duo and let me just say I'm glad I live 10 minutes away because I will be back. I had a seared duck breast, on the bone, 2 fried eggs hollandaise and smashes. Great coffee, great service. Real good food, done right.

• Visited February 2013

Rye, New York
“Unique Bistro for Brunch”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

One of the best brunches I've ever had. Period...And I've been a brunch-queen since the mid '80's. Although there was no flowing champagne like the brunches of yester-year the fact is, we had a very delicious, very exquisite breakfast in a charming little bistro in mid-town Kingston. I kept saying "yum", even while sipping my coffee. Yes, it was pricey, but when it's worth it, you leave satisfied and with a smile.

• Visited August 2012
Kingston, NY
“Excellent Food, Sweet Atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Duo is, quite simply, delicious. I love the Working Stiff breakfast which includes their delectable "smashies" potatoes, homemade chicken sausage that is lovely sweet/savory middle-eastern inspired, amazing bacon, salad, wholegrain thick sliced toast made with fresh baked bread, and two eggs. They specialize in unusual combinations of foods that work beautifully. For lunch there's a brie sandwich with homemade sausage and roasted red peppers. For dinner, the beef brisket is to die for! We had an appetizer of tempura fried avocados with orange rinds that had been cooked in a vinagrette. The service is always, friendly, mellow, and efficient. The interior feels airy and artful. Uptown Kingston is definitely gaining a critical mass of tasty food offerings!

• Visited July 2012
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Not to be missed...when in Kingston.”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

If you are in uptown Kingston, you must visit Duo Bistro. They feature a small menu with fantastic unusual pairings. For example I had a lunch special of Roasted Tomato Rhubarb soup with homemade bread (all bread and deserts are also made on the premises). I had never tasted such a sweet and savory soup in my life.
I went again for breakfast...silver dollar pancakes with espresso cream. And their bacon is thick cut and local!

A great time to visit is on a Saturday when the Kingston farmers market is open. I hear they will have a liquor license soon...which will make me look forward to their wine selection!

• Visited June 2012