“Good, fresh, fast food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Rhinebeck, New York
“Good, fresh, fast food”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch on a bitterly cold and snowy day. The place was empty, but the food was warm and tasty. It's definitely not generic Asian fare. I had one of the Fusion Soup Bowlz with thin rice noodles, teriyaki chicken, fresh vegetables, topped with a perfectly fried egg. Tasty! The owner was friendly and I hope they make a go of it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rhinebecker

Albany, New York
“spicy curry”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

They said the green curry was the spicy one, so I got the yellow curry with seasoned rice. For those that like spicy food this may be a positive, but for me it was a bit too spicy from what I was told. I will likely give the place another try since they do have a few other options.

Visited September 2013
“Different”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I am intrigued by fusion idea restaurants. This one has tremendous potential. I like they have a diverse menu. The mix of fusion between Asian and Mexican is intriguing. However some of the food is heavily laden with sauces that seemed to be vinegar based or just plain over powering. Dishes are served with a fried egg on top. Its a cultural thing that is cute to the establishment. The menu is diverse but very confusing. It can be a bit daunting to choose with a lack of solid descriptions of the items. Onto the food..

For an appetizer I tried the flaming wonton. I didnt finish it becaise of a heavy taste of vinegar. If you dont like vinegar dont get this. So I trashed that and got the Steak n cheese egg roll. Awesome twist on a cheese steak in an egg roll. Try with sirachi.

For my meals I had a Crazy stir noodles bowlz, the fusion one with Cantonese noodles and grilled shrimp. Interesting flavor but was heavy with noodles and sauce. Toppings of bok choy, bean sprout, cucumber, scallion, and cilantro were not in abundance. Id pay more for more vegetables because they have the potential to make the meal more flavorful.

The second thing I tried was a grilled chicken burrito. I was disappointed with the burrito. It seemed plain. I dod not taste the mango salsa or freah tomato salsa. Im not trying to take a low blow here but there is a chain down the street that can make a better burrito thats cheaper and the drive through is open late. The burrito came with no chips and that you habe to order separately. With a fountain drink you are over 9 dollars and add on another 2 or 3 dollars for salsa or guacamole and chips.
Overall im a little disappointed with Crazy Bowlz however I feel they can make a come back and are just trying to get their footing. I hope they do a vegetarian menu too. I will be back to try again. Give it a try and see what you think.

• Visited October 2013