“Gem in NY State”
Review of Le Canard Enchaine

Le Canard Enchaine
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Canard Enchaine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have dined at Le Canard in Kingston, many times over the past few years. It is consistently one of the finest meals one can have. It is an authentic French restaurant, but is not pretentious. The owner/chef left the tumult of NYC restaurants, years ago, for this somewhat distant location for us (we're from NJ). Nothing on the menu disappoints, but the escargot fricassee is exceptional and not to be missed. The service and attention to detail are excellent. Prices are reasonable for this level of dining.

1  Thank bill c

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just a couple days ago Mrs. & I made our annual visit to Kingston for an event we take part in, and we entertained no other option for lunch. She started with the escargots, I with the beet and goat cheese salad, and we both had one of the day's specials, trout almondine, for our entree. Everything was great, no doubt helped by the nice affordable chablis we were ejoying also (Small, but varied and inexpensive, wine list, btw). Service was responsive when we needed assistance, unobtrusive when we just wanted to eat, chat, and enjoy the view of the beautiul day out the window. Already looking forward to next year's event and another visit to Le Canard!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was a great find in Kingston! We travel to Kingston each summer and always look forward to lunch/dinner at this spot. Food is always very good and the same can be said for the service. Small, well chosen wine list. This visit included the escargot, a roasted beet salad and two of the day's fish specials - trout almondine. The food was fantastic as always. We split a lemon tart for dessert, but it vanished before my eyes...alas I only got a few bites (yum!).

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Recently dined at this restaurant with a group of six. The service was attentive and professional. The Pâté was nice and escargot well worth the visit. Scallops and the Duck Confit were a hit with two in our group. However the Steak was best ordered medium rare.... One in our group ordered medium well and it appeared overcooked. I believe this is overall one of the best restaurants in the Kingston area. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a great romantic dinner at Le Canard Enchaine. We went to this restaurant around lunch time and both of us enjoyed the stylish served glass of champagne, and looked at the menu and I was amazed with the selection that they had. The ambiance was excellent. According to trip advisory this restaurant was rated #4 out of 165, this restaurant is a *STAR* itself not only for North America and New York State but even for New York city itself. I am a bit of a traveller and I appreciate good food as well, and I might say the food quality, the ambiance, food presentation and over all the service was amazing and SUPERB by all means. The word "excellent" it is not enough to say about this place. Great job guys!!! Keep it up. In so many and many experiences that I had over the years and travelling in so many places not only North America but other continents as well, this will be number 1 for a while. We had a superb wine, duck pate, frog legs, lamb shank, and desert to die for. I don't want to forget the food presentation and the bread from New York city that they served there as well. A jewel and very stylish restaurant in the little town Kingston NY, it's was weekend treat for sure! The last but not the list is that they have very reasonable prices, and in the cheaper side. Not expensive at all. I will remember this restaurant's service for some time.... was worthy the experience... Supper happy

2  Thank Flower P