“Fabulous”
Review of Le Canard Enchaine

Le Canard Enchaine
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Canard Enchaine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Went for Christmas Eve dinner, this was our third visit. My family all enjoyed their meals. The french onion soup is perfectly balanced with sweet caramelized onions, beef stock and cheese, I have to say it's even better then mine, I'll have to hit the kitchen and work on my recipe! The snails were tender and garlicky, perfect for the crusty bread to sop up all the juicy goodness.We had lamb with a merlot reduction, duck in a casis sauce, filet au poivre, and a steak frites. Everything was delicious, the sauces were excellent, everything we've had here is excellent. Service was pleasant with good knowledge of the menu shown by the waiter. Can't wait for my next dinner here, tres jolie bon!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My family and I have been frequent visitors at Le Canard Enchaine over the past 7 years.
Every visit has been better than the previous one!- The atmosphere, the food, the service- simply perfect!

Last Sunday we had the French Onion Soup- I still feel the good taste! We also had the Duck Liver Pate and Tossed Mesclun Salad- AMAZING!

For Entree we had the beef stew (one of the specials) and the Salmon. Both were very good.
The highlight as always was the Tarte Tatin!

The wine selection is nice and reasonably priced.

This restaurant definitely justifies the 1.5 hours drive from NYC!- Chef Jean Jacques Carquillat at its best!

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent lunch began with a pleasant seating and then the scrumptious onion soup. The entree we chose was superb... Coffee and dessert. Yes! But only because it was too pleasant to leave. :) thoroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have dined at Le Canard in Kingston, many times over the past few years. It is consistently one of the finest meals one can have. It is an authentic French restaurant, but is not pretentious. The owner/chef left the tumult of NYC restaurants, years ago, for this somewhat distant location for us (we're from NJ). Nothing on the menu disappoints, but the escargot fricassee is exceptional and not to be missed. The service and attention to detail are excellent. Prices are reasonable for this level of dining.

1  Thank bill c
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just a couple days ago Mrs. & I made our annual visit to Kingston for an event we take part in, and we entertained no other option for lunch. She started with the escargots, I with the beet and goat cheese salad, and we both had one of the day's specials, trout almondine, for our entree. Everything was great, no doubt helped by the nice affordable chablis we were ejoying also (Small, but varied and inexpensive, wine list, btw). Service was responsive when we needed assistance, unobtrusive when we just wanted to eat, chat, and enjoy the view of the beautiul day out the window. Already looking forward to next year's event and another visit to Le Canard!