“Very nice”
Review of Courtyard Kingston

Courtyard Kingston
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. While I agree with other reviewers that you can hear the trains close by it did not bother me or my husband all that much. The location is near a shopping mall but it is on a hill and our room faced the mountains so it was lovely. Our room was large,well appointed and had a very good layout as did the bathroom. Our room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. There was a cafe, nice common spaces, and the free coffee and tea avaiable at all ours was wonderful. The lady at the front desk was very helpful answering all our questions even though things could get quite busy for her.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Roma Z
Shiona H, General Manager at Courtyard Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The staff members here are really lovely.

The rooms are very clean and well kept and quiet as well. We went for a swim in the morning and the pool water was not the cleanest unfortunately. Perhaps it was just before being serviced.

Again though the staff and overall room condition was excellent. If you can book this place for a normal reasonable price I would recommend it. Welcoming nice people work here.

Now for the price> This is the only reason that I rated the property as average. It was completely outrageous. It was almost doubled for a 'special event' although we couldn't find out what special event they were referring to. We had no choice that night and had to stay in the area. Again, good solid choice especially with families but the price point was terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for the view of the hills on the opposite end of the garbage area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. Our staff strives to provide service that is equal to the cost of our rooms. There are weekends in the summer months where there are many events going on in the area, such as horse shows, weddings and festivals. We look forward to seeing you in the future and providing you with excellent service.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I am a bit more than halfway thru my 5 night stay so I thought I was ready to write a fair review. This is a nice, friendly, clean Courtyard Marriott. The street address is a bit confusing, and my GPS didn't find it so easily, so I needed to call the desk for clarification. Basically, this Marriott is across from a Target located inside the Hudson Valley Mall.

The employees at the desk are very friendly and helpful. I asked them a few questions about places in the area, and they were well-informed and lovely to speak with.

I ate a wrap sandwich from the Bistro on my second night here and it was fresh and fairly priced.

Housekeeping does a nice job.

My only complaint - IT'S NOISY HERE - or at least, the location of my room is noisy. Whatever you do, if you book, try to stay as far from the lobby/breakfast area as possible. My room is close to that area and there is a loud stampede of folks early in the morning (starting at about 6 am) partying it up in the lobby. I swear, I can hear every laugh, every word. It's terrible. I heard the hotel is booked, otherwise I would have asked to relocate rooms. I can also hear what I believe to be the inner workings of the Bistro kitchen...sounded like I heard a blender or other machinery through the wall. But again, my room is RIGHT next to that area. I imagine that if you avoid a room in this part of the hotel, it should be much quieter.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the Bistro/Lobby area - NOISY!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry you found your room noisy. If you are a light sleeper we do reccommend the parking lot side of the hotel on a higher floor.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Reservation and check in went smoothly. Near the highway without being on the highway. If not using GPS easy to miss due to lack of signage of where to turn. Very clean room. Courteous staff. Priceeuse it's up there. Worth it if cleanliness is important. But a little expensive if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and your input is always helpful.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very friendly staff, very clean hotel, big rooms. Only issue is that the doors are not that thick so you hear every conversation everyone is having in the hallway as they walk to or from their rooms. No noise between rooms though so quiet when the hallways are clear. Would stay there again in a heartbeat... I recommend highly.

2  Thank rcadian

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This stop was not planned. The traffic was horrible on I-87 so we decided to stop. The man at the desk was extremely helpful. He stated he had a room available for us and ran my information quickly. He then asked us if we planned on eating out or dining in, we said we were going to have delivery. With this he went into his drawer and gave us a stack of menus and walked us through each one stating what he like with each. When we received our room key it was on the first floor. With me being pregnant and us having an infant ith us, it was refreshing to have a bottom floor room without having to ask. Usually with hotels we have to beg. They also gave a military discount. With me being active duty, it helped that they had a discount. The room was amazing. It was clean, open and the beds were so comfortable. W are heavy travelers, they had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Usually we have to upgrade to a suite to get these items. On the wifi, I didn't have to fight to keep a connection it stayed connected. We ended up signing up for the Marriott rewards and will switch hotel names because of this. This was one of the best sleeps I have ever had.

Room Tip: Just show up
1  Thank Chanel C
Shiona H, General Manager at Courtyard Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice and clean. We got in at 2am and housekeeping woke us up at 9am because they wanted to clean the room. When we were ready to leave I opened the door and the housekeepers cart was infront of my door and she was not there so I had to push it out of the way in order to get out. Everthing else was fine but I didn't like the fact that they woke us up early when we were checking our anyway.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank my4kidys

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I apologize that our staff woke you up early in the morning. Please on your next stay put the do not disturb sign on the door and they will know to leave you comfortably sleeping. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Hampton Inn Kingston
Comfort Inn Saugerties
Comfort Inn Saugerties
#4 of 6 in Saugerties
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream

Been to Courtyard Kingston? Share your experiences!