“"Motel 19"”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Budget 19 Motor Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Ontario, Canada
“"Motel 19"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel was alright! $66.00 , you get what you pay for. Clean rooms, and nice staff. It works when you need a place to crash.

. . . But the evening front desk receptionist is HOTT. Some Brazilian chick. I'd go there to see her anytime! No lie.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank That_Travelin_Guy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
El Cajon, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

My friend and I booked a double bed room and the lady on the phone was very very helpful and gave me the weekly rate. I was optimistic but when we arrived at the room the drapes were stuck open and the bathroom door had to be shoved closed and then when you opened it again it would pop open almost hitting you in the head if you weren't careful.
For the drape we called the front desk and all the "maintenence" guy did was to shove the two curtains together...he didn't fix what was wrong. They weren't the blackout drapes that you see on the website
The first night we laid on the beds they made so much noise. Any time I moved it would creak and wake me up. The floor to the bathroom was very uneven and took us both by surprise a couple of times.
I will say one good thing about the night front desk!....the guy above us was walking around and plopping down on the bed then getting up again and really thumping his feet...I called the desk and it almost immediately stopped.
We only stayed there because my elderly aunt didn't know my friend and wasn't comfortable with someone staying w/ her that was a stranger. She met my friend and loved him and then invited us to stay at her home for the rest of the week we stayed in NY so we checked out after staying only 2 of the 7 days planned on.
Overall I would not ever come back to this motel because of the cheap beds, staff and quality of motel it really is. Motel 6 is better

Room Tip: top floor faces the street so you get the noise but prevents you from being disturbed by people over...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank b066

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Kingston, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I haven't stayed here in a while, but I think the reviews from more than 2 or 3 years ago are outdated. They recently did what looks like an intensive renovation. It's not the best hotel in the area, but it is one of the cheapest, if not THE cheapest. Nothing fancy, but it's a place to stay for a night. The rooms I've had in the past were decently clean (clean, but not immaculate or pristine), so I can't see how it could be anything but better after their improvements.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TriStateGal
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

me and my wife go there all the time and love the great service and very clean rooms we spend a week or two at a time there and had a great experience everytime the front desk people are very friendly and helpful were looking forward to coming back soon

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alphonso D
kingston, ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

1st free wifi yea only in the lobby and then u got a big busy body behind the counter talking about everyones bizness talking about everyone and everything that happens in that motel awful service dirty room ur better off paying extra 10 dollars at any of the other 5 motels in within the one mile radius

Room Tip: dont bother unless u have no choice and dont do anything becuase they will talk about u no matter wh...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank henri t
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

You have to like frumpy hotels. Its true this place is not gonna win any awards. But staff was decent. It's family owned. Great location. Rooms were very clean, well maintained. Clean sheets towels. Some folks want to pay $80 and then have a Bell boy carry their bags up to the presidential suite with the hot tub overlooking Central Park. Ain't gonna happen for $80. Might need to spend a little more if that's what you're after. Close to Omega Institute which is what we were doing. By the way have to give Omega a two star rating because it's a big money grab. We had much more fun at the Interlake RV park waiting for mommy to finish her class.

Both the motel and the RV park were close to great family fun. For best rates at Budget 19 go Sunday to Thurs. about 60 versus 80 per night.

Bonus. Next door to Budget 19 is the best Italian food I ever had. The man is from Italy. He can cook it like nobodys business and of course has that wonderful gracious quality common among the Italians. Save some money next door then please treat your family to a great dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side. It's more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Bcolgan
Adriondack Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

it may not have all the bells and whistles off the normal chain motels. But they give you a courtesy call before check out. They try and work with yeah to get the best rate if possible and are helpful so if you need to use wifi they have you assigned to a room to access it. Also one room i styaed in yeah i agree but when you look at the colume they do of course the roosm may not be outstanding BUT are offered at the best rate. I have to travle back and forth do to an ill family member If i had to pay 199 a night to 75 I would opt 75

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingston Hotel and Conference Center
#4 of 10 in Kingston
Super 8 Kingston
Super 8 Kingston
#7 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Budget 19 Motor Inn? Share your experiences!