“A Nice Surprise”

Ranked #24 of 210 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: 20 Taps of American Craft Brew, American Comfort Food done right! Local Grassfed Beef Burgers, Slow Cooked Root Beer Pulled Pork, and more! Vegan and Gluten Free Options available.
Woodstock, New York
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were told by friends that this was a new, good 'burger joint', so we agreed to meet there for dinner (even though I'm not a meat-eater). I must admit, the ugly front door caused me to hesitate, as did the location on Broadway in Kingston (not the nicest neighborhood), but once I walked in, I was pleasantly surprised by the bright atmosphere and what appeared to be a newly renovated space. The bartender was pleasant and made a good martini. My bean burger was actually really great, as were the onion rings. That's a true accomplishment, because I can't say that I've had very many tasty bean burgers. I usually do a better job myself at home. This burger was clearly fresh made- not one of those re-heated frozen perfect circle patties. Our waitress was very lovely and attentive and we had a really good time. Will definitely go back- maybe this weekend!

• Visited April 2014