“Excellent!”

Hampton Inn Kingston
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2011

One of the best Hamptons we have stayed in and certainly the best hotel in the area. We stay here every year while visiting family and love this hotel - this year the experience was even better - pool was amazing, staff were great and accommodating, and the cleanliness was the best yet. Always a pleasure - can't wait till next time!

Room Tip: King beds are to die for!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Kingston

Reviewed 30 July 2011

I arrived at 4:30. My room was not ready but I did not have to wait long. Clerk gave me my keys, but didn't point me in the direction of elevators, say where any of the amenities are, mention the restaurant, etc. It was just "Here. Thanks." One of the elevators had an out of order sign on it, but it actually worked. The room looked clean but smelled mildewy. Neighbor started television at 12:30 at night and it woke me up. Picked up phone to call front desk, but hand set didn't work, was encrusted with something nasty and I had to use the speakerphone. Front desk clerk said he would look into it. Nothing happened. For $219 a night, I was expecting a more in the way of service. This is horrible.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank SoozeZ
Reviewed 27 July 2011

arrived after midnight, but no problem. I has been travelling on planes about 8 hours, and was hungry and dehydrated, and the desk clerk was kind enough to give me a breakfast sack with a muffin, an apple, a bottle of water and an energy bar.

I was staying alone, but nothing about the hotel spooked me - in a well lighted area. Someone was always at the desk near the door. Very clean place, comfortable pillows, bedding and bed. Also had free wi fi and a variety of foods at breakfast. Plus fresh cookies and coffee in the afternoon. Nice pool.
No problem arranging a late check out.

Room Tip: a railroad runs behind the hotel. It never bothered me, but if you are a light sleeper I am sure th...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Marily S
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My wife and I was attending a week long seminar in the Rhinebeck area. Since we needed a room for 8 nights, we did some research before we made our choice, and trusted the good reviews here on Tripadvisor. We got a good deal booking directly from the hotel by phone, well below the third-party offers on-line. Our seminar was situated 20 miles out in the woods, and we hadnt arranged transport beforhand. The Hotel promply arranged a deal for us with a local car service, Northlander Car service, and we couldnt be more satisfied with their service. The hotel even negotiated us a surprisingly low price. The room was large, comfortable, quiet and very clean. the common areas was pleasant, comfortable and spotless. We have stayed at several Hampton hotels, and i judge this one to be above avarage Hampton standard, also including the breakfast. But most of all, we were impressed with the service we got from the hotel staff. Above and beyond! During the 8-night stay, we had many questions and requests, and we were always taken care of in a most friendly, flexible and effective fashion. We would especially like to thank Sandra in the sales-office, and Fara at the desk for their help and service. We had a wery pleasent stay at Hamptoms inn, and even if i try (and i have), i cant find even one little flaw with the hotel itself and the service from the staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I absolutely loved this hotel. Rooms are spotless clean and the Front Desk was the most helpful I've ever seem. Location is great. Pool is salt water... I have nothing bad to say about this hotel...

LOVE IT

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Definitely would stay at this Hampton Inn. Very clean hotel and nice decorations. Clean pool and workout room. Breakfast was delicious which included meat and eggs. Very close to major roads and lots of shopping, including a mall. The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2011

After driving most of the day from Montreal, we were exhausted. Walked into our room, crashed on the comfy beds and said "aah!" Staff is super-friendly and helpful, rooms are brand-new, immaculate. Great shower. Room had fridge, microwave, flat-screen tv, internet (computers in lobby area if you left yours at home). Thermostat controlled air conditioning. Swimming pool. Near the Rhinecliff Bridge. Eggs (among other choices) for breakfast, good strong coffee, what more can you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn New Paltz
Hampton Inn New Paltz
#1 of 5 in New Paltz
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream

Been to Hampton Inn Kingston? Share your experiences!