“amazing!”

Hampton Inn Kingston
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 February 2014

loved it. everything was perfect. nothing bad to say everything is perfect. staff, breakfast, bed, room, wifi, pool, fitness center..... and the check out time is 12!!! amazing! got to sleep in late :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had a great stay but when I left I forgot my wallet in room ten minutes after I checked out I returned and they let me go back up to the room to look for it. The room had not been cleaned yet but the tip we left was already gone and so was my wallet. I took every blanket off the bed, looked under the beds, looked on all surfaces and my wallet was no where to be found. I then approached the room cleaner a few rooms down and asked if she had seen it, she then proceeded to say no one had been in that room even though the tip was gone and then started cursing and talking about me to herself out loud in Spanish, which I am fluent in. I went back downstairs and told the front desk of my experience they then sent two people upstairs and returned with my wallet saying it was wrapped in the Duvet which I had picked up, shook out, spread out on the floor. My wallet was not in the duvet. They either covered for her or she went back in there and put it in the blankets while I went back down to the front desk. VERY upset and disappointed. I will NOT return to that Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Make sure you hide your valuables even if you are only leaving for a minute.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank dmikesh03
HIKingston, Manager at Hampton Inn Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We take exeception to your sequence of events. We run a very high occupancy hotel for 7 years and theft has never been an issue. Your wallet was found tangled whitin the duvet cover on the bed near the room window by our Housekeeping Supervisor and probably missed by you when looking for it. We are thankfull your wallet was found and Never Stollen.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have stayed here for many years and the hotel still looks brand new! We will never stay anywhere else when skiing near Kingston! Discounted ski tickets were an additional benefit! The rooms are immaculate - there are no signs that anyone stayed before us including suitcase scrapes or dents on the wall. The proximity to restaurants is fabulous!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Overall experience was actually good, but ruined by my wife getting many small cuts on her toes due to the sharp edges of the pool walls/floor! They almost didn't have bandages either, Tyanna from the front desk had to go into another first aid kit to find them. She was helpful and apologetic, but it was a bit annoying that she had to come into the room while my wife had already been settled in and needed to change back into regular clothes so that she could take a picture of her feet for an incident report. She said that a manager would get back to us in the morning, and that never happened. Don't know where the lapse in communication occurred. Also wanted a room facing away from the train tracks, as the noise throughout the night wasn't pleasant, but the hotel was full. that wasn't their fault though. Still, not the best Valentine's.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a room on the other side of the hotel facing away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hendrick M
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Rooms are clean, staff friendly and they were very helpful in cleaning all the snow off my car! Breakfast was fresh and coffee was hot no matter what time of the day. I would recomend this hotel to anyone travelling.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Confortable and large room, nice staff, affordable guest laundry and the most clean pool I've ever seen in a hotel (excellent after a day skiing). Good location near restaurants and a mall. It's not so close to Hunter Mountain but not too much (50 min.).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The staff was very friendly although my check-in experience was less than perfect. I got a room opposite the elevators when I had asked for a quiet room and then was moved to a handicap room. I agreed as long as it had a tub, which they said it did but it didn't. They offered to switch me to a third room but I had to rush off to a class and did not want a stranger moving my items. I did get a refund which I appreciated and made me feel they did care about my satisfaction. I'll come back and give them another chance. The hotel was clean and updated. Really nice staff. I do which you did not hear doors close from neighboring rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Courtyard Kingston
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY
Hotel Dylan
Hotel Dylan
#2 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Hampton Inn Kingston? Share your experiences!