Superlodge Kingston
US$98
QualityInn
Rodeway Inn(Kingston)
US$56
Hampton Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$128
Hotels.com
US$79
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$131
Courtyard
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$142
Hotels.com
US$121
HIExpress.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Kingston is my home town so I've never had a reason to stay in a hotel until I moved northwest and visited for Father's Day. The Superlodge is exactly what it reads - convenient and cheap - and at $99 a night for a queen-size bed it does the job for either overnight or if you're staying in the area for the weekend. A major plus is that the hotel is right-off the NYS thruway. But unless you're looking for local fare, the downside is you'll be travelling via highway 209 at least 10 minutes to find a variety of places to eat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived Friday July 12th and were pleased with the service - our room was clean and pleasant away from the road noise - we walked next door to the diner and had a fabulous meal from their special menu. Afterwards we were invited to watch the fireworks in the parking lot of the hotel. It was a great fireworks display - this hotel was a former Howard Johnsons and someone has put a lot of work into updating the rooms - noted the outside was recently painted.

Room Tip: rooms toward the back of the hotel near the creek were away from the road
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed at the Superlodge this weekend and wasn't sure when I pulled up how it would be. It's a little aged on the outside but was pleasantly surprised by the facilities. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and had been recently updated. No smell in the hallways or the room. I complimented the checkout person on the cleanliness and updating. He said it was done not long ago and they are working on getting new linens next. Very quiet and the rooms have a small mircrowave and refrigerator which is not annotated on their web site. The location was very convienent both to town and getting to other areas of the Hudson valley. Right near the entrance to some major roads. Diner next door that I had breakfast at which was good and reasonable priced.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cmp907
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here during the Memorial Day weekend which always coincides with Bard's graduation. It's an old Ho Jo's, so don't expect "lap of luxury". But do expect a good value for the money. This hotel is literally half price of other places in the area. Also, I definitely recommend the diner next door. SUPER nice people, and great food for the money. It's funny that, when people rate this hotel, they always mention the Family Restaurant & Diner next door. Well worth the meals.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 157. I'll say that this area was VERY quiet. In fact, it was like no one was around us. But, don't stay in this section when it's raining. The outside entrance has a very fickle door. It won't work in the rain. Go figure.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jimbo9361
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I used to choose Superlodge first, the diner is great, and they have very moderately priced rooms, including smoking ones, with good security (cameras and locks) and usually friendly staff. However, my last few times there have not been as pleasant. Also, after been traveling the past 6 months or so and experiencing other hotels in general, their rating goes way down.

I'm complaining today because the last straw was it took a month and a half to process my transaction of payment. Partly my fault because I did not double check it was taken out, but it said pending the week after my stay, then it was no longer under pending, so I assumed it had gone through and the money way taken out. So to my complaints...

At first, as one who lives on a budget, I was happy to find a more or less cheap hotel room (which now a days isn't that cheap) that had good security and didn't cater to homeless drug addicts or drug dealers. Also, like I mentioned, I need a smoking room, so it may be a different story if you get one of their newly renovated, non-smoking rooms.

There's no fridge or microwave in the rooms, and the diner closes at 9 pm. Granted, I love that diner. But sometimes, I don't even get to a hotel until after 9.

Which brings me to complaint number two, which is not really the hotel management's fault, but there's nothing less than a ten minute walk away except a restaurant/bar (which also stops serving food around the same time) across a small 4 lane highway. Not even a snack machine.

Complaint three, the doors to the balcony don't always work/close/lock.

Complaint four, last time I was there, the person in the next room was yelling at someone, on the phone I think, from when I arrived Sunday afternoon, til I left Monday morning, on and off. Complete with slamming doors and screeching tires. This I would've chalked up to some marital issue, except I saw in another review a similar story.

Complaint five, the cleaning ladies start knocking on your door before check out time. Once I was staying there and was a little late getting out, I notified the front desk shortly before check out time that I needed a little more time, the most a half hour. The cleaning people must've knocked on the door at least three times.

It's much better than the Hotel 19 just a little further west on Rt 28, but there are a few other hotels within a mile or less that are better. Skytop/Roadway Inn has a beautiful view and a restaurant, Hotel 8 on Washington Ave. is right in uptown Kingston. I've made the switch.

Room Tip: They have newly renovated rooms, but only non-smoking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo