“An Absolute DUMP”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Syracuse, New York
“An Absolute DUMP”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Don't be fooled, any review of this hotel that doesn't mention the smell is the owner trying to improve the reviews. The Staff was friendly enough and our bathroom "looked" clean but that is it. The beds are OLD, the sheets should have been replaced in the 50's OMG the SMELL! Unless your stuck, spend the extra money and stay at the Comfort Inn down the street. a previous review talked about the walmart parking lot I think he was correct!!
The Diner next door hahahha WAY over priced and the food was just as bad as the room.

Room Tip: Avoid at ALL Costs!
1 Thank Johnny S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Yonkers, ny
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised. We had a wedding to go to in the area and when we arrived, the hotel clerk was very nice and helpful. The room was very clean, with a fridge, Iron and board. It was a very nice expierence for us, with staying at this hotel one of the highlights. I would very much recommend this hotel, and we will be back. Thanks so much for the courtesy, cleanliness, and comfortability.

Room Tip: Take the double bed with the fridge
1 Thank Jim B
Amherst, New York
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our stay was Aweful the foul smell in the first floor hallway led us to an even worse smell in our room. The mattress's were beyond awful, springs in mattress's should not go boing when you sit on the bed. My wife in the middle of the night could not take it anymore grabbed a blanket and slept in our Car! Good thing for the Staff know body bothered her out there!!
The bathroom was not bad although it was not ventilated at all, the shower was fairly new and clean the sink was beautiful marble and the towels were clean just not enough of them.
The supposed heated pool was only heated when you pee'd in it and the work out room had NO Ventilation and of course smelled worse than the rooms. We had friends staying in different rooms that weekend and we tried them all. Same smell same nasty old beds.
Save your money and sleep in the Walmart parking lot at least it doesn't SMELL

Room Tip: Nice parking lot. park behind the place and sleep in your car!
1 Thank Bill C

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Watertown, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2013

when I entered my room, I discovered that it had not been cleaned. when I requested a new room, the clerk asked what was wrong. I stated that the lights were on and that the bed wasn't made. he then asked 'is that all?'. sorry. I don't sleep on other's filth as the clerk clearly expected me to do. and even though I had requested a non smoking room, he then chose to put me in a smoker's room.

not only was the bed not made, but the toilet had not been flushed and there was tip money sitting on the tv stand. walking through the smoking section hallways required me to hold my breath as the smell was so horrible.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. bad customer service and poorly cleaned rooms.

Room Tip: don't choose one here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HillaryA W
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Remember the old addage you get what you pay for? In this case it applies. They need to stop promoting free WiFi, this was only availabe if you stood in the hallway and the staff could not explain why? The room was clean but the halls smelled. This is a very dated motel. All the local people we told we were staying here said we should run the other way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenn O
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I agree with the other reviewer: You get what you pay for. Our budget was around $100 for the night, no frills needed. - We had checked ahead through our local friends: The ongoing renovations at the Garden Plaza Inn made that venue unacceptable for us (and they didn't lower their $165/night price over there despite the dust and racket). So, we expected not much and had an ok stay.
The rooms on our floor had all recently been renovated, and it was clean -- all we asked for. There was no coffee maker, no shampoo, and the towels were the thinnest, smallest, and scratchiest I've ever seen. At least there was a mini-fridge. For our on-the-road trip it was ok.

The rooms facing the busy Route 28 get traffic noise. You may want to ask for rooms in the back, which should be quieter and look out on a strip of grass at least.
I looked at the indoor pool but didn't use it.
The Family Diner next door is awful. Don't bother to stop there for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, not facing busy Rte 28.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chrisjazz
Washington
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for with this place. It is one of the least expensive hotels in the Kingston area, and there is certainly a reason for it. The hotel is very dated and needs substantial renovations. The comforter on my bed and furniture in my room could have been 20 years old, the sliding glass door had gaps that let some mosquitoes and small bugs into the room, and the facade of the building could use repair in places - some cans of paint would sharpen up the back of the building substantially, it makes me wonder why the hotel does not invest in even the cheapest of materials - paint - to improve the look of the place. This signals to me that the owner has largely stopped trying and caring. Like another writer, i also struggled to open the shampoo and don't think I could have done so without scissors. The towels were very thin and need replacing.

That said, my room looked clean to me. If you are price conscious and want the bare minimum - a cleanish room - and can put up with a lack of charm, old furnishings, and a place that seems to be on it's last legs, this is a good option for you.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MRT2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Super 8 Kingston
Super 8 Kingston
#6 of 10 in Kingston

Been to Superlodge Kingston? Share your experiences!