“Deising's Should stick to baking”

Deising's Bakery, Restaurant, and Catering
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Kingston
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a European Bakery and Cafe serving breakfast and lunch 7 days a week. Our award winning bakery (winner "Best Bakery in America" award) tantalizes you w/ over 300 fresh baked breads, rolls, desserts, donuts, bagels, pies, gourmet cookies and cupcakes and so much more. Our restaurant (winner Best Breakfast in the Hudson Valley) serves awesome omelettes, Belgian waffles, homemade pancakes and much more. For lunch, enjoy Manhatten style deli sandwiches, big 8 oz burgers, the best homemade quiches, and our signature homemade soups.
Woodstock, NY
“Deising's Should stick to baking”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We are locals and have enjoyed Deising's Bakery for years (40+). Some years ago they started serving Breakfast and Lunch but we have other favorites for basic meals. Due to a recent coupon offer we decided to give it a try for lunch. The food and service was horrible. I ordered the Classic Rubin with Pastrami ($8.50) . The rye bread was good. The content was bad. The Pastrami tasted like and had texture like spam, it had no spread (No Russian dressing), the cheese was thin, and the sauerkraut dry with no flavor. I needed to drink water with every bite in order to swallow. I picked Cole Slaw as a side. It was basically shredded cabbage with a little sugar and maybe a hint of mayo. My wife had a Philly cheese steak which appeared and tasted as it it was grilled last week. The waitress forgot her side (Macaroni Salad). The salad was very bland and tasted a little fishy. Maybe they made the tuna fish salad in the same bowl with out washing between. Anyway, Deising's is good (though now overpriced) as a bakery. They should stick to that and leave breakfast and lunch to real restaurants. I expect they are after the tourists on their way to Woodstock, Catskill Mts or points north as they are close to I87. My suggestion is the avoid eating food off the menu. Kingston has much better places for Breakfast and Lunch.

• Visited September 2013

Utica, New York, United States
“Long-time customer, delicious desserts”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Having grown-up in Kingston I've had Deising's delicious desserts on multiple occasions. I can best remember getting their ice cream cake for my birthday, which I ALWAYS looked forward to eating on that special day. I've also eaten in their restaurant for both breakfast and lunch and can't remember ever having a complaint about the service or the food. My most recent visit to Deising's was buying a package of their gourmet cupcakes for my cousin's birthday. He, along with the rest of my family, enjoyed them immensely. I highly recommend them for special occasions up to and including weddings and anniversaries.

• Visited October 2012
Stevensville, Maryland
“Must visit”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Read the great reviews, and the place doesn't disappoint. After a very subpar stay at local loding, Deising's almost made up for it based on a great breakfast and great bakery. While the service was a bit slow (as others have mentioned), it was a fantastic stop and is highly recommended. One of the better local places we've stopped at (Moody's being the far and away leader, though).

• Visited August 2013
NY
“Sometimes you don't realize how much better than a diner this place is....”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have gone here twice this month, once for breakfast, and once for lunch. Both meals were outstanding. The food is fresh, high quality, and served hot. Even more impressive, the prices are on the low side versus other places in the area. I had an outstanding shrimp marinara on a hard roll for lunch, which was on the specials menu. Apple Strudel, warmed up for dessert, was less than $2. Through the use of various coupons, the cost of the meal is even more of a bargain. This is a place I plan to frequent at least monthly from now on it. One of my favorites in the Kingston area.

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Old World Bakery, Brings Back Memories”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Eating at Deisings, either at the comfortable counter, or at a table is fun. I usually have one of many sandwiches to choose from, with great cole slaw, or a salad. but my mind is already thinking of the end of the meal when I have coffee and go up to the bakery counter to try and decide which dessert to get. My favorite bakery items are the elephant ears, black n' whites, muffins and Danish. The assortment of cookies is a wonderful gift to bring to a dinner party.
They are known for making Birthday cakes and have especially great ones for kids. They also sell different candles which is nice.
The different breads, like seeded rye, challah and pumpernickel with raisins are delicious.

• Visited August 2013