“Getaway to Explore Kingston”

Quality Inn & Suites Kingston
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Kingston, NY. The room was spacious, clean and right next to an entrance door. The staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds were well-kept and clean. Ample parking. Needed more handicap spaces by each entrance. The TV was big and we had no trouble picking something to watch when that was what we wanted to do.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
QualityInn12401, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Kingston

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed at Quality Inn and Suites Kingston for a wedding back in July. The hotel needs to get a cleaning staff in the night time. We had pizza boxes piled up near our door when we first checked in. The last day before check out I noticed 6 cockaroaches crawling in the bathroom.
It was disgusting!
If they were in my room I could just imagine the other rooms. I have notified the front desk who had told me that the manager was away being it was a sunday and that I would hear back from them the following day. Over one month went by and I still did not hear from them.
I am a frequent hotel visitor being a Hilton honors member and never had this experience before. Yes, this is no Hilton hotel but one would at least expect a clean non-infested room!
We wound up leaving the hotel early because we did not want to take any cockaroaches in our suitcase home to have a problem there.
Hotels can ignore customers complaints, however for each person that says something bad about a place 10 other people will know about it!
Business is sucessflul through word of mouth. People will come to a good place. More people will stay away from a bad place.
Unhappy Hotel visitor from East Brunswick NJ

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank arnie h
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn for a week, because we were in the area for a family reunion. It should be renamed the No Quality Inn- That was my nine year old sons suggestion.

We paid a fortune for two connecting rooms and were treated very badly. The owners of the hotel are greedy thugs. First of all, they cut corners everywhere they can. The air conditioning doesn't stay on, and when it goes back on, it is extremely noisy. All of the public spaces such as the game room and the gym were hot as hell. The air would automatically turn off after awhile.

The lobby is gross, and the owner kicked my kids and I out, while we were waiting for people to meet us there. This was at one o'clock in the afternoon, and the owner, a mean ugly woman, said that we needed to go somewhere else because the lobby needed to be mopped. How classy! The next day, that horrible woman walked into my room without knocking claiming that I was supposed to have checked out according to her "records." She was wrong, since we were there another three days, but she wasn't the least bit apologetic.

The rooms were subpar. They had a dank smell and the bathrooms were very gross. The cleaning staff speaks little English and they spend half the day sitting in empty rooms watching Spanish TV. I am not kidding. Twice, our room was not even cleaned. I had to complain to the front office, but they did nothing.

The pool is gross too. There is a film of yuck on the surface. Nobody cleans it. The hotel is so cheap, that they won't even leave fresh towels in the pool area. You have to go to the front desk to ask for towels, where they ration these little things. They are no bigger or thicker than dish towels, yet they worry about guests walking out with them. Pathetic.

I spent years working for a four star hotel in NYC, so I know a lot about the hospitality industry. It just sickens me how ripped off people get by staying at the Quality Inn. It is not okay to order room service, then have nobody pick up the tray, so fine, you put it outside the door yourself, and then have it sit there for 12-24 hours. It's just disgusting.

The Quality Inn, unfortunately, is one of the few hotels in that area, and the owners and management take advantage of that. I will be contacting the company headquarters with my complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank CuteChewie
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn for 4 nights while my daughter was riding at the HITS Saugerties horse show. I found that the hotel suited my needs very well. The location to route 87 was perfect, easy access. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. This is not a super fancy high end hotel but it did provided clean rooms, comfortable beds and a pleasant staff. It was obvious that some remodeling had been done but parts of the rooms were a little tired but nothing that would make me not stay here again. My only major complaint with the room was how loud the air conditioner was. Most hotels I've stayed in have AC units that just stay on consistently with the fan blowing constantly. This one would cycle on and off and was extremely loud when it was on. Breakfast was adequate for my needs although it didn't open until 7:00 am and most days opened 5-10 minutes late. Two days there was a buffet because of the number of guests in the hotel and another day it was table service. It was the same food choices both days. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, pancakes, cold cereal toast, juice, coffee/tea. Some muffins, bagels, and fruit would have been nice additions to the breakfast. The hotel suited my needs as I was looking for a clean, convenient place to stay during the horse show. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bkrusen
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here on Sat. night to escape the heat wave. AC worked very well. Beds were very comfortable however the room was very worn. The furniture had so many nicks that it should have been refinished or replaced a while ago. Pool was clean but extremely hot when sitting and watching the kids. Breakfast room closed Sunday morning for an unknown problem. They did give us a voucher to go to a place across the street who only gave us a choice of 3 breakfast items and juice or coffee. We did tell the hotel about that. Like I said good for one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank catwoman27
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The air conditioning was not working in the lobby, restaurant or bar. It not fun eating and sweating at the same time. The rooms smell of mold or something. Rooms were fairly clean. Staff was not friendly. Pool had stuff floating on top of the water, the kids would not go in.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here for four nights. The lobby is at one end of the hotel. If you were at the opposite end it was quiet a walk. The hotel is only two floors but we didn't see any elevators which could be a inconvenience if stairs are a problem. The corridors are not air conditioned either. The room was a 4 out of 5. Clean, convenient and reasonably new. The bathroom was new. Room service for "room make up" was very good. All supplies provided. Pool was inside, warm and clean.
The restaurant adjoining the hotel is Roudigans. The food here was very good, plentiful and reasonably priced. Breakfast was hot (Eggs, home fries, toast etc) and included in your stay.
Close to interstate access. 5 minutes to downtown.
If we return to Kingston we would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Unless you like to walk. Ask for a room closer to the main foyer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Kingston
#3 of 10 in Kingston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kingston? Share your experiences!