“Hotel stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Kingston

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Kingston
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kingston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this location since 9/2011. My father & his family were from Catskill and the HRV. Kingston is a great location for me. I like to spend my money on activities and not on amenities I won't use. BUT I DO want a very CLEAN hotel room & the basics- coffee maker in room, blow dryer. Over the last 3 years I've stayed at this property at least a total of 8 visits, averaging 2 nights. The property gets better with each visit. On my very first time walking in the GM Peter Smith greeted me it was 11pm! He noticed I was traveling alone & made every effort to assist me & ensure that I felt safe. There was no reason not to, the property is well lit, 2 minutes from the Thruway exit. I returned to the property that same trip a week or 2 later. Upon checking in, I noticed that the room had a slight musty smell. (From the air left on in a closed room for a day or 2) the front desk associate immediately moved me to another room- Helped with my bags & discounted my rate. I returned in 2012 & just this last Aug/Sept. The staff goes above & beyond Customer Service! That's why I keep coming back. They know I have Multiple Sclerosis & need a first floor room, they remember that I have a bad habit of locking myself out when I go out for a smoke or to get ice, so THEY remember to give me an extra key. The cleanliness is consistent & the housekeeping staff - great ,-again CUSTOMER SERVICE. The property is a bit older, sure. But, They're making upgrades yearly. The fact that there are several staff members & the General Manager still there & appear to like their work THAT speaks volumes in the hospitality industry. I will return next year if my health allows & I recommend it to everyone. If you want a bar & pool & restaurant onsite and to pay double the room rate then this isn't your place. If Clean rooms, hot coffee, and a place where they'll remember your name the FIRST stay tell Peter :'Hi. Bonnie sent me, you know. The Lady who talks too much!'

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bonlee62
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed in the Kingston Super 8 on Saturday night, November 2, 2013. All was well until about 2:00 am when we were abruptly awakened by people talking very loudly right outside our door. Thinking it was just a couple drunks getting in late, we let it go. The talking continued and got progressively louder, then escalated to shouting and physical fighting. Several times, the door to the hallway shook loudly, as if people were pounding right on it.

We called downstairs, and the worker stated he was aware of the problem and it was being taken care of. We waited another 30 minutes, and nothing changed. We were starting to worry about our own safety. The police were called at that point, and they indicated that they had already sent officers to the scene. We heard the police arrive, and they interacted for another half hour or so (I don't know why arrests weren't made), before leaving. After the cops left, things quieted down for a few minutes before starting back up again, during which time one of the dunks threatened to hurt all of the people who had complained about their behavior. At this point we learned that the group of drunks were from some sort of fighting group and were in the room right next to us. I think things finally died down around 5:00 am.

When we asked the next morning for a refund, the best the staff would offer was a $25 discount off of the $70 we had paid for the room. So we essentially got to pay $45 for a night of listening to drunk fighting, fearing for our own safety and lives, and getting absolutely no sleep. I know it is not Super 8's fault the problem started, but there are no excuses for allowing it to escalate to the level it did. Those guys should have at a minimum been kicked out of the hotel and probably should have been arrested, and a 100% refund should have been issued as compensation. I will never stay at a Super 8 again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank worstnightever

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingston Hotel and Conference Center
#2 of 5 in Highland
Comfort Inn Saugerties
Comfort Inn Saugerties
#3 of 6 in Saugerties

Been to Super 8 Kingston? Share your experiences!