“Super 8 Kingston, NY”
Review of Super 8 Kingston

Super 8 Kingston
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We were checking out Rte. 209 as an alternative route to get a little relief and diversion from highway driving as we made our way north and east from the Pittsburgh, PA area to NH. After filling our tank in Sussex, NJ, we headed north on 209. A nice drive at decent speeds. We arrived in Kingston where we had overnight accommodations at the Super 8. Just needed a place to sleep, shower and rest and be on our way again. We found this motel to be very clean, pleasant staff and comfortable for a basic no frills motel. We would recommend it highly and will stay there again the next time we take this trip.

Room Tip: Very easy on and off from I-87 and route 209.
2  Thank ArtNat

Reviewed 28 December 2013

2  Thank Rosemary R
Reviewed 27 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandra E
Reviewed 23 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Carolyn D
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this location since 9/2011. My father & his family were from Catskill and the HRV. Kingston is a great location for me. I like to spend my money on activities and not on amenities I won't use. BUT I DO want a very CLEAN hotel room & the basics- coffee maker in room, blow dryer. Over the last 3 years I've stayed at this property at least a total of 8 visits, averaging 2 nights. The property gets better with each visit. On my very first time walking in the GM Peter Smith greeted me it was 11pm! He noticed I was traveling alone & made every effort to assist me & ensure that I felt safe. There was no reason not to, the property is well lit, 2 minutes from the Thruway exit. I returned to the property that same trip a week or 2 later. Upon checking in, I noticed that the room had a slight musty smell. (From the air left on in a closed room for a day or 2) the front desk associate immediately moved me to another room- Helped with my bags & discounted my rate. I returned in 2012 & just this last Aug/Sept. The staff goes above & beyond Customer Service! That's why I keep coming back. They know I have Multiple Sclerosis & need a first floor room, they remember that I have a bad habit of locking myself out when I go out for a smoke or to get ice, so THEY remember to give me an extra key. The cleanliness is consistent & the housekeeping staff - great ,-again CUSTOMER SERVICE. The property is a bit older, sure. But, They're making upgrades yearly. The fact that there are several staff members & the General Manager still there & appear to like their work THAT speaks volumes in the hospitality industry. I will return next year if my health allows & I recommend it to everyone. If you want a bar & pool & restaurant onsite and to pay double the room rate then this isn't your place. If Clean rooms, hot coffee, and a place where they'll remember your name the FIRST stay tell Peter :'Hi. Bonnie sent me, you know. The Lady who talks too much!'

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bonlee62
Reviewed 24 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thelio S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Kingston
#4 of 10 in Kingston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties

Been to Super 8 Kingston? Share your experiences!