“If you have Allergies beware!!”
Review of Margarita Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kismet
Margarita Villas
Brooklyn, New York
“If you have Allergies beware!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great Location near the ferry, However I have a mold allergy!!!

As soon as i sat on the futon in the living area, my eye got very itchy. Luckily i left and was outside most of the night, but it was already too late cause my eye was irritated.
When i woke up in the morning, i rubbed my eye, once and then before you know it i scratched my cornea. My eye was tearing uncontrollably and basically had to leave on the first ferry out.
The apartment was obviously flooded by Sandy, When I opened the closet door in the bathroom where the towels are stored I noticed it had a lot of mold growing.. all along the base boards.
I didn’t even want to take a shower there, bc I didn’t want to wrap my body in mold infested towels.
If someone is charging that much to stay on fire island, They could at least use that money to get new furniture, floors etc. The floors were pretty gross and grimy probably not replaced either after the floods.
I understand it costs a lot of money to replace things after the storm, but to charge that amount of money and not do any kind of replacement of the affected areas is really disgusting. I am not a picky person, have stayed all over the world in different types of establishments and I have to say this was one of the dirties places I’ve stayed in a long time..
Beware if you have allergies

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank olenabklyn
MargaritaVillas, Owner at Margarita Villas, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
I pride myself in making every stay as pleasurable as possible which is evident by almost all of my reviews. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. I wish you would have notified me of your mold allergies. I had no idea you had an issue as you did not inform me. I have subsequently secured a psychic so reading minds should not be a problem in the future.

I was at the same party as you and would have gladly addressed any issues you might have had. I knew most of the wonderful people at the party and would have loved to meet you. There was that one woman who was dancing naked on the picnic table but since she had a gorilla mask on and I could not see her face.

I am also sorry you were offended by your perception there was mold. I did a thorough check and although I did not find any mold, I ordered a 35 million dollar renovation for the unit you stayed in just to be on the safe side. I was actually quite surprised to hear that there might be mold. I had no idea that could occur on an island surrounded by water in the Summer with near 90% humidity. I just ordered a junior scientist atmosphere alteration kit to see if I can make it better for you.

As for the towels, I was absolutely horrified and did attempt harikari but remembered I had a dentist appointment the next day and picked that as my punishment instead. To rectify the situation, I have subsequently killed all of the house keepers and am currently looking to replace them. It is a little rough with replacements when they know they will be killed if anything is not perfect.

You really have no idea of the extent of the damages that occurred from Sandy because you did not take the time to ask. Had you taken the time you would have heard of all the extensive renovations that had and are continuing to occur.

I think it all boils down to expectations. If you come to Fire Island expecting something that this place isn't, you will sadly be mistaken. Fire Island is a care free place where you leave you neurotic preconceived notions behind. My place is clean and comfortable. The Ritz it is not. My friend that was one of the hosts at the party you attended was mortified that someone would do this as he was doing them a favor in securing my place for a nominal fee.

If your goal was to be uninvited to great parties in Kismet, you just might have succeeded.

Congratulations!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed at the villas with a group of 5 people. The apartment was perfect for us for the weekend - all the amenities we needed plus a great location. Right next to the ferry, store and restaurants, plus a 5 minute walk to the beach. The apartment was comfortable, with an AC unit in each room. Loved the outdoor shower and grills! We will definitely be back next summer!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sonia k
New York
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My college age daughter and I stayed again for 2 nights in August and had a wonderful time. Magarita Villas is the perfect get a way location. The villas are clean and provide everything you could need for a beach -laid back vacation. They are not elegant or fancy- they are not meant to be-they are exactly what you need for a relaxed beach vacation. Kismet is the perfect Fire Island location. Everyone is warm & freindly - 2 restaurants-a supermarket and a pizza place. The beach is beautiful with plenty of room for everyone. I would of given 5 stars but we did not get into the room until 4 PM and had to check out by 10 AM- when only staying for two nights that is a little hard.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank JamaicaBoundNewYork
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife, two kids and I stayed for a night during the week. The three-bedroom efficiency was clean and well-furnished. Plus, Greg told us that no one had reserved the next day and that we were welcome to stay for as long as we wanted and take showers after the beach. Exactly what we did--like an extra day at no extra cost. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jacques h
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I've never stayed overnight on Fire Island but Kistmet seemed like a good (and affordable) place to stay. We had 8 of us fit comfortably in the 3 bedroom and couldn't beat the location. We were 1 minute from the grocery, bar, and ferry. And a 20 minute water taxi to Ocean Beach for Saturday night. The front and backyard patios are great for a barbecue. And the AC in the place (one for each room) was ice cold.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rafael m
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My friend and I stayed for a week at Margaritavillas and it was perfect! It has everything you need for a week of relaxation and fun with friends. Greg is very nice and accomodating. We will definitely be going back and bring more people with us as soon as possible!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Erin60763
Bay Shore, New York, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We come each and every year it’s our home away from home. Each year we meet new friends and its always a great time, even when it’s raining out its sunny at Margarita Villas. There's so much to do in such wonderful place to play with friends and family. I can't believe its been 5 years straight coming to our island paradise and each year we fill a photo album, I could do that with the amazing sunset pictures alone. Greg is a great person and has always been right there for any of our wants or needs we don't just rent from him we now consider him a friend, he even knows who I am when I call him to see which rooms are available when were coming in.
Its always a sad day when we have to leave but there’s always the knowing we be back next month to play all over again. Last week a great time as always thanks to Greg and his wonderful staff

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank David H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kismet
The Palms Hotel Fire Island
#2 of 2 in Long Beach
Allegria Hotel
Allegria Hotel
#1 of 2 in Long Beach

Been to Margarita Villas? Share your experiences!