“Renamed Smokey Joe's - Best BBQ sauce I've had in years”

Smokey Joe's Saloon & Grill
Ranked #32 of 161 Restaurants in Lake George
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Renamed Smokey Joe's - Best BBQ sauce I've had in years”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had dinner here our first night at Lake George, since I was craving BBQ on a warm summer evening. Wasn't disappointed. Can't say we sampled a lot on the menu, but the pulled pork was very good and the BBQ sauce, which we came to find was made by the 70-years-young owner on the premises, was the best North Carolina-style vinegar-laced sauce I've had in years, and I've sampled quite a few. My family agreed and we covered practically everything we ate with it. I'm only sorry I didn't buy a bottle or 6 for the road. If we come back to Lake George, I be sure to return here.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Ribs in Lake George”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Jerry is not sharing his recipe but I have to say his ribs are the best in the North Country.
I recently was visiting from Texas and was delighted with the whole smokey Joe's experience.
Stop in for a wonderful casual restaurant treat.

“No regrets”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Coming from NYC we don't mind price as long as the quality of the food is worth it.

Let me say without a doubt that we'll be coming back to this fine establishment from now on and confidently recommending it to friends and family!

Our server was extremely attentive and charismatic. He was a pleasure to interact with!
We had the ribs, the picky eaters at the table had the buffalo flat bread pizza and someone had the grilled chicken.
To easily sum up this review we left more than satesfied!

1 Thank RaquelMunaron
Long Island, NY
“Good bar b q”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The place for good pulled pork and ribs featured excellent side dishes and outdoor seating. The biggest problem was what was NOT on the menu - there was no brisket which is surprising for a bar b q place.

Other than the missing brisket, the food was terrific, the service good and the prices reasonable, making Smokey Joe's a winner for a family.

• Visited August 2014
“Not best ribs in town. Can't be. ”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

First the were out of pulled pork at 6, but the people behind us that ordered after is got 3 full orders. So i got a full rack of ribs. They were boiled to a inch of there lives. Very light stay on the grill and only one choice of a distinctive sauce. It was not bad, but my tastes.
Now the fried green beans I have not seem before with the Wasabi dipping sauce. That was worth the bill.