“Its a cute looking place”

Seven Dwarfs Motel & Cabins
Ranked #66 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The place is very cute looking. there is a small brook behind the cottages and its a lot of fun to go down and play in the water. Since the water is not deep and no high currents its safe to play down there. The cottages have a very rustic feel. Its just 5 mins drive to the lake but still away from the crowd and noise. there is nice pool, lots of parking and barbecue for each cottage.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Seven Dwarfs Motel & Cabins

Reviewed 7 October 2012

We went on a family vacation with a teenager and a pre teen and we really all loved this place, the pool is small but great, we were walking distance from town ( and even got to see the fireworks right from our porch ) The cabin was rustic and roomy and the owners are very helpful and nice! The steam in the back is a great touch to the vacation feel, and the little grills and picnic tables made for a great cookout with the kids.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Seven Dwarfs Motor Court for 2 nights at the end of August, the rates were very low ($80 with taxes included) so we figured we would give it a go. Prior to visiting I had spoke with the owner (I didn't catch her name) she was very sweet and very helpful!!! That made me feel comfortable from the start visiting the motel.
Check in was very easy and the cabins are cute! We stayed in one of the Queen rooms (White Cabins) They are a bit dated but if your not fussy then you won't have any problems, the rooms are nothing special but they are CLEAN. We had a little refrigerator and a small t.v. The bathroom was also very clean and had plenty of towels! Beds were basic and pillows were fluffy. Overall the place was perfect for a two night stay, this motel is on Canada St so everything you could possibly need is anywhere from a 2 to 10 minutes drive....The lake is walking distance if you wanted to go for a stroll....We would return but not sure I would stay here during the busy time when the motel is double the price.
This is the place for you if your fine with basic accommodations in Lake George!

I had family staying in one of the red cabins (two full beds) there place a bit bigger and had a lovely steam behind their cabin with a picnic area and a grill!!!! Very nice! (Inside was the same, a bit dated but CLEAN) They to said they would stay again when prices are low.

Room Tip: Each cabin has it's own parking space! Convenient!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gratefulkate78
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I found this property on line and wanted to stay in the cabin by the brook despite reading the negative reviews. I did book the cabin and when I checked in I was impressed at first, the room was clean, had a queen bed, bathroom, tv & fridge and porch that overlooks the brook. The only problem was that they must have had a very recent bad storm because there was a huge tree that was uprooted in front of the porch and laying accross the brook along with several other trees that were uprooted. But otherwise It didn't bother me. The parking space for my cabin was small, if you had a big vehicle you would have a problem. The community kitchen was the only thing that bothered me, I wanted to heat up some frozen dinners in the micro-wave and it was filthy, They should either clean it or put one in each room then it would likey stay clean. The owners were seemed nice, we asked them for extra towels and they got them right away. We stay at cabins in old forge and these cabins are luxurious compared to them but lack the ambiance. My girlfriend loved the cabin and I enjoyed it as well. Property was well maintained, however they need to cut up those uprooted trees.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chucky69
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were recently planning a 3 day trip to Lake George and debated on where to stay, After hours of searching websites and reviews we decided to take a chance on Seven Dwarfs Motor Court. We booked the 2 bedroom log cabin and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. the cabin was very roomy and clean. The brook right next to the cabin was peaceful. All in all we will be staying there again next time.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I just came home today from staying at the 7 Dwarfs for the past 3 days. My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the white cabins. First impression was that it was very small and carpet was dirty in some spots, bedspread and blanket seemed stained and had cigarette burn holes. Upon further inspection, the toilet paper in the bathroom was the cheapest one could ever purchase, had to go out to buy our own. It was like sandpaper but thinner. My biggest complaint, was that there were no electrical outlets in the bathroom and one power strip in the bedroom, but nothing could be plugged in there and actually reach the mirror. During the day, you had the owner's kids (at least 4 or them) running around the parking lot, screaming, getting in visitor's way when trying to drive out. During our stay, I did see several ants in the cabin. Overall, I would not stay here again, I could not wait to get home to a clean, quiet, comfortable environment.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was our first time stay at 7 dwarfs motel and we loved it.we saw the website and booked because cabin looked so cute but the place was even nicer than website.we had three rooms,one for my family and two other two for my sisters.Rooms were very clean and comfortable.There was lot of space outside the rooms for our kids to play.we did bbq by the stream and enjoyed it a lot.pool was lot of fun,very clean and refreshing.In short everything was great,we stayed for 7 nights and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: brown cabins and 2 bedroom efficiency are bigger.