“It was not a bad stay, but it was not a great stay.”

Seven Dwarfs Motel & Cabins
Ranked #65 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My girlfriend and I checked in for the July fourth weekend, and the allure of the cute little cottages near the stream and off the strip looked very promising. We were greeted by one of the owners, who was extremely polite and she really wanted to make sure that my fiance and I had a wonderful stay.

Right away she upgraded us at my request to a better room next to the stream, which was only $10 more per day, so that was nice. Their rates are great. Unfortunately, we couldn't hear the stream because it was nearing 100 degrees, so we had to keep the extremely loud air conditioner on full blast the entire time we were in the room.

Pros:
Friendly, attentive service from the entire staff
Some of the best rates in the village
Cozy place

Cons:
Window air conditioner was extremely loud in our room, made it hard to sleep even
Towels very rough and uncomfortable
Itchy sheets
Need to skim the pool at least a few times a day
Insects inside the room (maybe this isn't their fault)

Overall, I could recommend this place if you are in the market for a cheap place to stay which is cozy, don't mind getting what you pay for, and are not afraid of bugs.

Room Tip: I got room 10 on the stream, and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brian R

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Visiting Lake George (village) in the off-season was a mistake to begin with, but the Seven Dwarfs made it worse. The cottage looked quite alright and clean. Unfortunately upon arrival, we found some dirt and a loose piece of the sink under the sink. When we returned from dinner at Lake George Village later that evening, the dirt and loose piece had magically disappeared. Ergo, someone had been in our cottage late at night (you don't see them during the day for housekeeping..). To make things worse, our toilet wasn't flushing (it was flushing before we went out for dinner!) and the sink was clogged. My friend tried to contact the owners at their appartment, but they didn't open. I had to open a tap to make the toilet work.
Other cons were thick layers of dust under the bed and the lack of sockets in any of the rooms. A pro was the fact that the property has a general kitchen, where you can heat up a meal or make breakfast. When the electricity went out in the kitchen, the owner immediately came to fix it. When handing in the room key, I was keen to tell the owners about the toilet and sink problems. Unfortunately, the only person present was the mother (in-law..?) of the owners, who did not speak any English.
Lake George was beautiful, Lake George village was the equivalent of an awful touristic village at the Spanish costa.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Faye S
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The place is very cute looking. there is a small brook behind the cottages and its a lot of fun to go down and play in the water. Since the water is not deep and no high currents its safe to play down there. The cottages have a very rustic feel. Its just 5 mins drive to the lake but still away from the crowd and noise. there is nice pool, lots of parking and barbecue for each cottage.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We went on a family vacation with a teenager and a pre teen and we really all loved this place, the pool is small but great, we were walking distance from town ( and even got to see the fireworks right from our porch ) The cabin was rustic and roomy and the owners are very helpful and nice! The steam in the back is a great touch to the vacation feel, and the little grills and picnic tables made for a great cookout with the kids.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Seven Dwarfs Motor Court for 2 nights at the end of August, the rates were very low ($80 with taxes included) so we figured we would give it a go. Prior to visiting I had spoke with the owner (I didn't catch her name) she was very sweet and very helpful!!! That made me feel comfortable from the start visiting the motel.
Check in was very easy and the cabins are cute! We stayed in one of the Queen rooms (White Cabins) They are a bit dated but if your not fussy then you won't have any problems, the rooms are nothing special but they are CLEAN. We had a little refrigerator and a small t.v. The bathroom was also very clean and had plenty of towels! Beds were basic and pillows were fluffy. Overall the place was perfect for a two night stay, this motel is on Canada St so everything you could possibly need is anywhere from a 2 to 10 minutes drive....The lake is walking distance if you wanted to go for a stroll....We would return but not sure I would stay here during the busy time when the motel is double the price.
This is the place for you if your fine with basic accommodations in Lake George!

I had family staying in one of the red cabins (two full beds) there place a bit bigger and had a lovely steam behind their cabin with a picnic area and a grill!!!! Very nice! (Inside was the same, a bit dated but CLEAN) They to said they would stay again when prices are low.

Room Tip: Each cabin has it's own parking space! Convenient!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gratefulkate78
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I found this property on line and wanted to stay in the cabin by the brook despite reading the negative reviews. I did book the cabin and when I checked in I was impressed at first, the room was clean, had a queen bed, bathroom, tv & fridge and porch that overlooks the brook. The only problem was that they must have had a very recent bad storm because there was a huge tree that was uprooted in front of the porch and laying accross the brook along with several other trees that were uprooted. But otherwise It didn't bother me. The parking space for my cabin was small, if you had a big vehicle you would have a problem. The community kitchen was the only thing that bothered me, I wanted to heat up some frozen dinners in the micro-wave and it was filthy, They should either clean it or put one in each room then it would likey stay clean. The owners were seemed nice, we asked them for extra towels and they got them right away. We stay at cabins in old forge and these cabins are luxurious compared to them but lack the ambiance. My girlfriend loved the cabin and I enjoyed it as well. Property was well maintained, however they need to cut up those uprooted trees.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chucky69
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were recently planning a 3 day trip to Lake George and debated on where to stay, After hours of searching websites and reviews we decided to take a chance on Seven Dwarfs Motor Court. We booked the 2 bedroom log cabin and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. the cabin was very roomy and clean. The brook right next to the cabin was peaceful. All in all we will be staying there again next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family