DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY - ITS A NIGHTMARE!!
MANAGEMENT EXTREMELY RUDE.
Our reservations for The Austin Inn were for July 28th - August 1st. We wound up staying for two nights. There was only one other family throughout our entire stay. When we pulled in the parking lot, there was a for sale sign by the Motel's name.
It is a run down facility. It has 7 motel rooms, 1 suite and 2 cabins and a house to rent. I found this facility off of google and their website is beautiful. It makes everything look very updated and modern,but its not.
We rented a cabin which had 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and a living room with a pull out sofa. The kitchen has a propane match lit stove and oven that has to be 30 to 40 years old. There is no safety catch on the oven. There are falling tile in the kitchen and in the bathroom. The kitchen floor and bathroom floor are white. There is a big black stain on the kitchen floor in front of the fridge that they threw a rug over. There is a black stain all around the shower stall in the bathroom. We also had no HOT WATER. My husband had to turn on the hot water heater!!
When we arrived, there were no clean sheets on the pull out sofa. When we asked for them, the girl in the office went to the shed OUTSIDE and got them for us. They keep their linens in a shed on the premises!!
We stayed for 2 nights. The 3rd night I made dinner and we went out to the movies with our kids. My husband lit the oven for me. When we came home, there was a strong odor of propane that filled the cabin. I got very sick from it. My kids were very frightened. My husband is a propane tech and he went outside and shut off the tank. The owner's daughter was watching the facility for a few days. My husband went to the office and it was locked. She was staying in the house above the office and would not answer the door. She called the sherriff's office on him. He then left a message on their answering machine stating that there was a leak in the cabin. Once the sherriff was there, she came out and spoke to him. We left that night @ midnight. The next morning when we went back, the daughter was very argumentative and told us there was no leak and that she tested the lines. My husband, being a propane tech for 25 years told her there was a pilot or leak that there wouldn't be such a strong odor. She argued with him and told he should have fixed it!!!!
We got 2 nights back (for the time we didn't stay there). The cabin was $155 a night plus tax which was $172.05. Extremely high for the dump it is. We went to the Country Hearth Inn and had a great time. When they heard what happened they were more than accommodating. We didn't get settled until 2:00 in the morning.
The office manager did not know much about the attractions. She had to keep looking things up on the computer for us and gave wrong directions twice!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Austin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.