“BBQ at its best”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since 1991 we've been smokin' and sauce slingin' so we know how to cook - and treat barbeque with the respect it deserves. Our sauce is homemade in our kitchen in Lake George, NY, and our meats are seasoned & cooked to perfection. Ours is some of the best BBQ north of Memphis, and we aren't afraid to say so. But don't take our word for it, come and taste the sensation for yourself. Have us cater your next event!
Bronx, New York
“BBQ at its best”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just good BBQ . Not just some charcoal burnt meat smothered with sauce . The meat just fell off the bone . Well cooked and fast . They have ample parking and an outdoor deck . Everyone is here is friendly .

Visited May 2014

Stony Creek, New York
“awsome, awsome, awsome, awsome”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is far and beyond better than Dinosaur BBQ. The BBQ sauce is the best I've tasted. The brisket is excellent, the pulled porked nachos are amazing and the ribs are greeeeeeeat! And they have a good selection of local craft beer.

• Visited May 2014
Staten Island, New York
“A local's perspective”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I am a local in the Lake George area, and I'm happy to say that the Barnsider Smokehouse is a favorite to go to year-round. I have been there multiple times in my life, and have yet to have a bad experience. Every time I've been served delicious food by a hospitable staff member that makes it their duty to give the best service.
It's disappointing to see some of the other people have bad experiences, but I have yet to have one myself. Would definitely suggest trying it out if you're in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Brewster, New York
“Nice place to sit down and catch your breath”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stopped here on a rainy Friday afternoon after wracking our brains on where to go for an early dinner. From the outside it looked quaint and well cared for. Upon stepping inside we could see our impression was correct. The building was small but well set up making the most of a smaller first floor and we were sat by a friendly hostess in a cozy corner booth. The menu is full of burgers brisket pulled pork and ribs. there were tons of options and I had a difficult time picking what I wanted. I settled on a bowl of Chili with Brisket (which came almost to hot to eat (temp not spice)) while my husband went with Ribs, brisket and mac and cheese and sweet potato fries. (they were out of quite a few of their sides so he didn't get to have the potato salad he was hoping for.) The Sweet potato fries came with a raspberry sauce on the side that I liked quite a lot but my husband found too sweet. Over all a good place with fair pricing...I just didn't find something that really jumped out at me on the menu. I would give them another try and try something else on the menu, I'm thinking the food is really good but the way it is described on the menu just doesn't stand out.

• Visited May 2014
Connecticut
“Average BBQ Experience”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice authentic decor and feeling when you enter this restaurant. They had a wood fire burning (it was a cold April!) so it was nice to sit near it (and smell it!)

The cornbread was very good. Both of us enjoyed it. We ordered an app of the Crispy Green Beans. They were pretty good, kind of Tempora-ish I guess.

I ordered the hickory smoked bacon burger. Sadly it was uninspired. The meat was fine but I couldn't help feeling that there wasn't enough effort to make this burger stand out. It needed a special sauce or some kind of cajun seasoning... something. Honestly this is a $10 burger whether you are here or at your local Chilies. Nothing fancy, nothing special, nothing to see here.

My wife had the black bean veggie burger. She liked it but not enough to want to come back here again.

Our server was very nice and attentive. I think she had an accent but I don't remember from where.

Overall if there was another option for dinner I would probably try that before coming back to here again. At the very least I would skip the burger options if there was a next time.

• Visited April 2014