“Loved this place, will definitely be back!!”

Amber Lantern Motel and Cottages
Amber Lantern Motel and Cottages
Montgomery, NY
“Loved this place, will definitely be back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I just want to say that I would definitely refer the Amber Lantern, I loved the room, was very clean and well kept, loved the rustic look & the service from the owner Tom was great. So if anybody needs a nice place to stay for a very reasonable price, this is the place to go!! I know I will be back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
sunnyside ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We decided to book a 2 day get away to Lake George with two dogs at peak season.. We made so many phone calls and no vacancy..finally we got lucky The Amber had the last cabin available no.12 all the way at the end.. We were very happy. The cabins are old inside but very tidy..the cottage had andirondack chairs and our own picnic table with umbrella it was very cozy and quaint..Tom and family run the Amber and they are all very hospitable.

Room Tip: Room 12 the most quaint and secluded and you have a place to eat about 200 feet away if you are lazy...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank giovanna g
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I am thinking back to last Friday July 5th with some sort of reminisce. I spended last weekend in great Lake George NY in a family oriented motel called Amber Lantern. I been in this motel three times, and I must say that this has been the best of all. My group was huge, in total 46 people. We took over all of the efficiency units and motel rooms but one. All of the people that went with me were very happy at the place and there was not any complains about anything.
The cabins are kept up in good shape as well as the common areas, everything looked clean and Tom (owner) and his children were always willing to please their guest. Overall we were very satisfied and some of the people that I went with are talking about coming back to same place in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank julianh26
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Last minute booking, long trip and rain. Not how you like to start a mini vacation. Pulled in to amber lantern and was greeted by a gentleman named Tom. Tom was full of enthusiasim and impressed as he helped unload luggage in the mist of a dwindleing storm. Room was quaint and very adirondack. I have been doing LG for over 35 years and the Value here is incredible. I asked Tom for some advice on dining and entertainment suitable for Me, wife and 2 kids. He sent us to a locals restaurant and then a kids hangout (arcade like) and we not only had a great meal but a fun time. We felt comfortable dropping Toms name at both places. The next day as the sun was shining, we decided to BBQ on site. Again Tom directed us to a local grocer for ground beef and other things and the evening was a hugh success. I couldnt help but think I was going to meet Bob Newhart because the sevice was so up close and personal. As with any business deal instead of patting Tom on the back, I rebooked for Aug. If you want to experience LG like a local see Tom at the amber Lantern. I did. By the way, My kids liked that Tom called them by name as we checked out.

Room Tip: Make sure to see Tom.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank bigbarn
Mechanicville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I went here last summer for a getaway weekend and this place is very accommodating and very close to the village. There is a nice restaurant right next door for late night snacks and love the secluded feel in the woods in a nice cottage. Would definitely go there again to stay and recommended to my friends/family as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kmac27
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Stay away if you don't like mold. After staying the night we had to leave, the thought of having to stay another night (we booked two) made me want to cry. Spongy wet carpet in front of the door, the tiny shower uncrusted with black mold, broken sink, toilet that ran, soggy bed linens and blankets, fuzzy t.v. w/few channels, greenish and cold pool,... I felt ill after spending the first night. The motel next door was clean and friendly- suites w/ kitchenettes, working A.C., beautiful heated pools w/ fountain, BBQ and fireplace- SAME PRICE!!!

Room Tip: go elsewhere!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PetenErica

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

My family and I stayed in amber lantern from 8/22/12 till 8/28/12 we were suppose to stay another day but left a day early because of our overall experience!

Let me 1st say I had stayed there as a kid 25yrs ago & it was great BUT Nothing has been updated since then! The cabin was filthy musty riddled with bugs spiders and dust! The shower was do small my 8yr old had trouble using it! The BBQ area was dirty there was trash everywhere on the grounds! The pool was a filthy Cesspool crawling with flies the smell of horse meneure from the stable up the road was over powering! The website advertises table tennis but there were no ping pong balls, it advertises a tennis court that does not exist as well as a volley ball court which is nothing more then a net that is dangerously placed next to the busy high way & we had to go buy our own ball!! My kids bought pool toys they couldn't use due to the pools filth they also bought lawn toys plastic horse shoe pit that they left behind so the next kids could use them because they said otherwise new kids WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO! the full kitchen advertised was a NOOK with a sink, 2 burner stove top (no oven) dorm style fridge COMBO!!! Tv was old and staticy THE MOTEL WIFI WAS LOCKED & there was NO CELL RECEPTION so no Internet at all oh & the tv is BASIC CABLE ONLY at $150 a night I expected what was advertised and got NONE OF IT!!! I've been to lake George at least 30 times and this was by far the worst stay I have had not only on lake George but anywhere I've stayed ever & I travel often!!

• Stayed August 2012