Amber Lantern Motel and Cottages
Tea Island Resort(Lake George)
US$133
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$215
Admiral Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$100
Heritage of Lake George Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$113
US$196
US$190
Quality Inn of Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$140
QualityInn
Marine Village Resort(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$143
The Lake George Inn(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
The Lodges at Cresthaven(Lake George)
US$666
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I just want to say that I would definitely refer the Amber Lantern, I loved the room, was very clean and well kept, loved the rustic look & the service from the owner Tom was great. So if anybody needs a nice place to stay for a very reasonable price, this is the place to go!! I know I will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We decided to book a 2 day get away to Lake George with two dogs at peak season.. We made so many phone calls and no vacancy..finally we got lucky The Amber had the last cabin available no.12 all the way at the end.. We were very happy. The cabins are old inside but very tidy..the cottage had andirondack chairs and our own picnic table with umbrella it was very cozy and quaint..Tom and family run the Amber and they are all very hospitable.

Room Tip: Room 12 the most quaint and secluded and you have a place to eat about 200 feet away if you are lazy to drive into town or cook in your room and a nice fire pit to roast marshmallows behind you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank giovanna g
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I am thinking back to last Friday July 5th with some sort of reminisce. I spended last weekend in great Lake George NY in a family oriented motel called Amber Lantern. I been in this motel three times, and I must say that this has been the best of all. My group was huge, in total 46 people. We took over all of the efficiency units and motel rooms but one. All of the people that went with me were very happy at the place and there was not any complains about anything.
The cabins are kept up in good shape as well as the common areas, everything looked clean and Tom (owner) and his children were always willing to please their guest. Overall we were very satisfied and some of the people that I went with are talking about coming back to same place in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank julianh26
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Last minute booking, long trip and rain. Not how you like to start a mini vacation. Pulled in to amber lantern and was greeted by a gentleman named Tom. Tom was full of enthusiasim and impressed as he helped unload luggage in the mist of a dwindleing storm. Room was quaint and very adirondack. I have been doing LG for over 35 years and the Value here is incredible. I asked Tom for some advice on dining and entertainment suitable for Me, wife and 2 kids. He sent us to a locals restaurant and then a kids hangout (arcade like) and we not only had a great meal but a fun time. We felt comfortable dropping Toms name at both places. The next day as the sun was shining, we decided to BBQ on site. Again Tom directed us to a local grocer for ground beef and other things and the evening was a hugh success. I couldnt help but think I was going to meet Bob Newhart because the sevice was so up close and personal. As with any business deal instead of patting Tom on the back, I rebooked for Aug. If you want to experience LG like a local see Tom at the amber Lantern. I did. By the way, My kids liked that Tom called them by name as we checked out.

Room Tip: Make sure to see Tom.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bigbarn
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I went here last summer for a getaway weekend and this place is very accommodating and very close to the village. There is a nice restaurant right next door for late night snacks and love the secluded feel in the woods in a nice cottage. Would definitely go there again to stay and recommended to my friends/family as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple