“Great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Antigua Resort on Plum Point
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent 6 nights in the Lookout room, with covered balcony and great views on the lake. Boat traffic can be noisy, especially on Saturday afternoon, Sunday and weekdays were very quiet in this last week of June. Nice beach and clean water. All in all, a very enjoyable holiday.

3  Thank denihuot

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a wonderful room and though the resort was less than 10 minutes from Lake George Village it seemed that you took a trip to the north woods. Great grounds with fire pits, BBQ grills and plenty of seating on the entire Plum Point makes having a picnic or sharing a bottle of wine at sunset an end to a perfect day! When in town take one of the many boat trips.. we chose the authentic steam driven paddle wheeler. Also take the shoreline drive through town and just about directly across the lake have a great dinner and take in the awesome views at the Boat House Restaurant...( look up it's history...pretty cool!!, we ate in the gazebo ..nice)

Room Tip: Check out their site...pretty much says it all
3  Thank JupiterDave
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just returned after a week long stay at Antigua Resort on Plum Point. We stayed in the Fountain room and really liked it. There are beautiful views of the lake from this room and it has it's own balcony to enjoy them from. Our bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room included an oven, medium refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and all utensils. The grounds are beautiful, and the Resort is right on the lake. There is a lovely beach area with a swimming area and a very nice playground area for children. We are already recommending this place to our friends and definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have view of Lake George.
2  Thank ladyff1481
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My family booked a week at the Boathouse on Feb 25th 2014 for the summer of 2014. The website states the following:
The Antigua Resort Boathouse features include:
•Knotty pine paneling throughout
•Full kitchen
•Two bedrooms: The Master bedroom has a Queen bed with a covered lake view balcony, the second bedroom has one full size bed and one single bed
•Pull-out sofa in the living room

When we booked this my wife, myself, my two 6 yr old daughters and baby son were going to stay the week, and being local we planned on my sister and brother-in-law joining us for two days on the advertised pull out couch. When I called a few weeks later on March 15th, to ask Craig about the parking for my sister and brother-in-law for two days, he told me that they could not stay on the pull out couch as there was not room for them and they would have to rent an efficiency apartment for a minimum of three nights if they wanted to stay. We had already paid $2800 for the boathouse for a week and would not pay another $555 for the efficiency apartement so I asked to have our reservation cancelled, as we were not allowed to use the pull out couch. Craig responded via voicemail stating, and I quote ,"We are running a business here" and he told me they are keeping 20% of my $2800, or $560 for their trouble. I paid over the phone via credit card and was never told of a cancellation policy, not to mention the misadvertisement of the use of the pull out couch, and to top it off I was cancelling only 19 days after I booked, a full four and a half months before the date of the vacation. I am still fighting with him to get my $560 back. So, in closing, I would say that it may be a very nice place to stay, but make sure you know exactly what you are getting and I hope you have a good trip. My family paid $560 of my hard earned dollars to have the privilege of NOT being able to stay at this resort.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Bryan J
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed at resort on September 16 Monday, rented the boat house room. Room and views were exactly what I was looking for. Walked the grounds and liked the layout. Right on the water, will be going back next summer

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephen m
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The grounds at this resort are breath taking. We enjoyed cooking out at our choice of gas or charcoal grill. The views were beautiful. Fires nightly attracted resort guests with plenty of wood to last into the night.

Our room "The Fountain Room" was a nice size room with queen size bed, kitchenette, mini fridge, small microwave, stove with oven. There was plenty of cooking equipment. It has a small balcony with table and 2 chairs over looking the lake and a fountain. The bathroom was fairly small but, was sparkling clean. It has a small tv. The other couple with us was across the house in the Bayview. They has a nice sized room with full kitchen, large fridge and large porch. Flat screen tv. (great room)
We could not hear other guests from our room.

We only saw the owners when we sought them out. .Both our room and the room next to us ran out of toilet paper the 1st morning there.

The bed in the Fountain room was horrid. I mean simply horrid. The boxspring creaked if you took a deep breath. We didn't get ANY sleep. I think the box spring was cracked and the mattress was thin, lumpy and rolled you to the center. The room next door the Bayview had a comfortable pillow top mattress. When booking the room I specifically asked about the beds and was recommended by the owner to take the fountain room saying he had laid down on each mattress.

With all that being said I would love to stay here again if the bedding was updated. The spot is simply wonderful. Just a short 3 mile drive into the village of Lake George.

Room Tip: I think any room would give you a great view. If stairs are a concern stay away from the mansion ups...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheSilvers
Reviewed 4 September 2013

No complaints really (except when there were accusations made, that i won't get into here), its a beautiful location, not cheap, but it is worth the money. Actually, the only complaint i do have is the parking. We have a Dodge Ram 1500, and trying to maneuver it in their small lot, which was always packed, was tough. I don't see them being able to do anything about that though. My suggestion, if you have a choice of bringing a car or a truck, go for the car.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family