“A fair and reluctantly HONEST review, take a minute to read!”
Review of Lido Motel

Lido Motel
Ranked #51 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Lesson being that you can't always pick a winner, in this case based on reviews. If it's true that there is new management in charge, I understand why the positive posts were decent, but not recent. It takes a lot to make me leave a negative review, but I have to leave feedback for this place...the Lido Motel was a disgusting mess with a very misleading website, and I don't say that with a bit of exaggeration. Went for a couple's weekend with my girlfriend and I must say that the best part was the refund I was given for what should've been the 2nd night I had booked ahead of time (packed my bags after one evening). The room smelled like a cross between a musty closet and a funeral home, and the curtains and bedsheets were no better. I went to a nearby store to buy air freshener and made a second trip for blankets to lay over the bed, which had black hairs strewn about (which were also found in the ice tray within the turned-off fridge, yum). No peephole in the front door helped peace of mind and for extra fun, the bathroom door did not lock and wouldn't completely shut. The microwave promised to each of their many "clean" rooms turned out to be a single unit within the main lobby for all to share, and the windows were left open upon arrival (didn't help the room air out, apparently) letting the cold, humid and rainy day outside in to greet me and stay the night. No worries, the heat didn't work either...that's why extra blankets come in handy!

At least they had wi-fi. Good comfort in an emergency, given that the rooms lack phones.

You get what you pay for, I suppose...cheap rates! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Bottom floor leads to a quicker escape when you decide to leave early. Pool looks more comfortable t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Troy942
There are newer reviews for Lido Motel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I looked for a motel close to the village of Lake George and Lido Motel seemed to have pretty good reviews, so I decided to give it a shot. Let me tell you, it was the worst place I have ever stayed in my life. The lobby is very modern and clean, so when I opened the door to the room I was surprised that the room strongly smelled like an old lady's closet & mothballs. It was incredibly humid and cold, and I went to Rite Aid just to buy Febreeze spray to mask the horrible smell. Ironically at Rite Aid the customer in front of me on the checkout line was actually talking to the cashier about how she happened to be staying at the Lido Motel, so I asked her how her room was. She said it was absolutely gross and said she was deceived by the great reviews online, she literally couldn't believe how terrible it actually was in person.

My boyfriend and I stayed on the second floor, and just the floor on the balcony was scary to walk on, many spots in the wood seemed loose and I felt like I was going to fall through it. There were holes in the couch in the room, loads of dead bugs in the ceiling lights, the bathroom door wouldn't even CLOSE at all, there were long, black hairs on the bed, as well as in the ice container (um, gross?), the refrigerator wasn't even on, there was no microwave as the website described (the only one was in the lobby), water stains on the ceiling, no hair dryer, no peep hole in the door, not even a phone. I ended up getting about 3 hours of sleep, it was the most uncomfortable I have ever been. I booked the motel for 2 nights, but after one night there was no way I was staying there for a second one. We told the front desk how bad it was and we found a room at a different place a minute up the road, which was a heaven sent. For only about $10 more we were in a clean, dry room. Do yourself a favor and don't even waste your time attempting to stay at the Lido Motel.

Pros: close to village of Lake George, nice staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Caitlyn D
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Nice basic accommodations. Clean rooms, free coffee. Tariq and his employees were very friendly and accommodating. Location is perfect. Within walking distance of the village. Nice for families with children. The hotel also has a swimming pool. Highly recommend !!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Very nice and quaint. Customer service is great!!!! Clean rooms and the coffee is always on. The hotel is on a side street but within walking distance of the village. It is just a nice simple hotel with a family feel. Would highly recommend this hotel and we look forward to going again next year...oh by the way....my husband and I have been going to the Lido since we got married in 1983...we've brought our daughter there since she was very little. We are definetly regular customers!!!!

Room Tip: Second floor better than the first floor....other than that all is really good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This motel is run poorly. It has rude staff and the rooms are dirty. My sheets had stains on them, there was mold growing in the bathroom and the air conditioners didn't work. this is a big town so stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher A
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Tried finding a decent place in the Lake George area during an August weekend: not an easy task! prices were crazy! then bumped into this place on line,and called them for availability. Found that by calling, I even managed to save a few bucks compared to an online booking sites. The place is very dated, though I think they have other rooms that are renovated (?!), yet -it was pretty clean and they have a lovely swimming pool outside.... We never used the pool, and only needed a room for the night (with a shower), so this place had provided all our needs. The local team at the front desk (I think the owners) - were very kind and helped with all our requests (extra towels, recommendations, etc.). There is also a fridge in the room, an AC (very old! and not that efficient) and fresh coffee / tea in the morning at the front desk. No breakfast, but what can you ask for the price besides a decent clean place...?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gilad I
Reviewed 5 August 2013

after reading the reviews we were hesitant but it was close to everything, one block up from the main road. The room was clean and had been refurbished. Refrig in room microwave in office. Pool was delightful though some of the chairs could be replaced. Anytime we had a question or needed something - it was addressed immediately. Price was right and since this was a really good location and away from the hussle and bussle of the Canada Street would return for future stays.

Room Tip: If you don't like the asssigned room, ask to see another they are very accomodating.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family