“You will be happy!”

Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Newburgh, New York, United States
“You will be happy!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This was my first stay here, used previous reviews as a guideline. The room we got for $57 a night was very clean, and very large and comfortable. Staff was very nice and helpful, the whole establishment had a very pleasant atmosphere.
I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Howard Beach, New York
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Fran Cove Motel about 10 times. The people there are extremely helpful, friendly, and cater to all your whims. The second time we stayed my wife and her girlfriends were going shopping and of course I didn't attend. Around noon the owner came over and offered to drive me into Lake George to get something to eat. The rooms are very clean and efficient. The trolley into town stops right in front of the motel so transportation isn't a problem. The price was very reasonable compared to the other motels in Lake George.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good and it is only 2 stories high.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Shokan, New York
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This motel was the best that we have stayed in. The room was spacious, the people were as pleasant as you could ask and they had things on the property for children to do besides swimming. We first got there they didn't have a pack and play(crib) for my child but the girl got right on the situation and with in minutes of notifying them of the problem she was knocking on the room door with it .The motel was located close to Lake Georgebut, far enough away that you did't have to give them two arms and two legs for the room.

Room Tip: all rooms looked good to us from what we could see.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sue k
MA
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This motel is a simple, clean motel, convenient to the Lake George Village. It's on the same road as a bunch of similar-looking motels. One thing I liked about it is that it's not downtown in the village, making it quieter. The rooms were clean and we had everything we needed. There's a mini-fridge which was useful. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean and fun. There's a trolley that goes downtown and stops right in front of the motel, and only costs $1. I would recommend using it, particularly on a Saturday night in the summer. You can find parking downtown at times like this, but it's kind of expensive and a bit hard to fine, so using the trolley is a good option.

This is the kind of place I like to stay in because you get everything you need and don't pay for things you aren't likely to use. If you're looking for a fancy hotel, or something right on the water, then this isn't the place. But if you're looking for a decent place that's not far from Lake George, you'll do well. They give you free coffee for breakfast but for a full meal, there's a dinner not far down the road called the Prospect Mountain Diner that's pretty good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trisarahtopss
Vermont
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We had a great stay at Fran Cove Motel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was good size and was clean. I was afraid the hotel room would smell musty like a lot of the motels in Lake George but it did not. We liked staying a little off the strip since we have kids and the pool was much more relaxing without having the constant traffic. Also, the price is very affordable compared to other places in Lake George.

1 Thank sjv130
Ridgewood, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2012

If you're looking for 5-Star amenities then this isn't the place for you. I you are looking for a clean, comfortable & affordable place where the staff is efficient & friendly then this is the place. A very relaxed place to stay.

1 Thank tomtalkin
Catskill, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stay at Fran cove every year on our weekend in the summer at lake George. Mainly because its affordable for us, so close to the village, which gives us more money to spend on the kids, and their activities. The grounds are very clean, and the pool is crystal clear. Because we are regular customers, we are accommodated by tom & linda, to always have the same room, because I'm handicapped, which is a real convenience.BBQ's are charcoal grill, clean and in good condition, in a picnic area next to a little brook, which is lovely. There is a swing set/slide jungle gym for the kids to play on, which my younger daughter just loves. The trolley stops there regularly, which is pretty cool. Coffee is served in a coffee maker outside the main office between 8 & 10 a.m.. The rooms are very clean, have a small fridge w/ freezer, which is convienient, and that is the up side. Now keep in mind every place has a down side in one way or another, the question is to what degree. First, on the owners, tom & linda, yes my wife and I found them to be withdrawn and not overly friendly, more so with tom than linda, not big on conversation, greetings, or smiling for that matter. But I don t know what goes into running a motel business,or what their personal lives are about, so its not something that really bothers me and my family..As far as coffee being served outside, with no supervision, just seems to my wife and I to be a lil unsanitary, not knowing how other patrons are utilizing ,and with the dust of the cars pulling in and out of the establishment, so we avoid no matter how much we need coffee. We think it would be friendlier to keep the coffee maker in the front office. The only microwave is outside next to the ice machine, two other items we avoid. We have witnessed patrons removing ice with their hands, which has nothing to do with Fran cove, and the microwave was disgusting on the inside, caused also by patrons. Our biggest concern with fran cove is the mileage on the bed, it like sleeping in a taco shell. My wife and I are not small people by no means, but sleeping in a U shape, kills my back for 3 days.Now certainly we don t know what other rooms are like, only the one we frequent. The lil fridge was missing the door to the freezer, on the inside. we would like to see a coffee maker and microwave in every room, even if we had to pay a lil more, but its not our place so...When we first walked into our room it did smell a lil musty and damp in the early morning hours.My phone at home I can call all over the united states and it doesn t cost me, if you make a call from your room outside of lake george, its gonna cost you..A basket ball hoop is located outside, on the opposite side of our room wall, so one year we had a whole afternoon of pounding, since we have to have the room on the end. Thats it in a nutshell, we find it to be things and situations that can be avoided or other exceptions made, and thats why we stay there every year, I hope this was helpful.....

Room Tip: room 20 downstairs
2 Thank CymruCrusader