“For emergency purposes only”

Rodeway Inn Springhills Lake George
Ranked #65 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
“For emergency purposes only”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel is right off i87. It is a ok emergency only motel the price is HIGH and the services is non-exsistance. Fee for early check in, fee for late check out, no breakfast of any kind, no coffee pots in rooms, has some available all day long IE very old. With Walmart powdered creamer. No laundry, staff not real friendly. This hotel makes you feel like they are doing you a favor. Instead of being thankful and glad to serve you. STAY AWAY UNLESS EMERGENCY!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

i checked into this hotel, there was one car in the parking lot. I booked the hotel on booking.com and was able to reserve the room and pay when i got there. I got there paid for the week in cash, the owner said he had no change to give me my 76$ change back, which i thought was very odd, so i said give me back a hundred dollar bill and ill put the other 24$ on my debit card. Miraculously he was able to give me the 76$ change. I walk into the room, it was hot and smelled, we requested a room with two queen bed we got a room with two double bed, open up the bed, no fitted sheets were on the mattress!, and a big orange sauce stain on the sheets! I walk into the bathroom turn the light on, it took five mins before turning on completely. The shower liner was moldy and orange, and the air conditioner barely worked. I changed my daughter's crap diaper, left it in the garbage. I went to the front desk and demanded a refund. He gave me back all my cash i paid upfront, and i went to stay elsewhere. Never again

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank xavierg8411

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My friend and I were able to book this motel, using my Choice Hotel points. The motel is very nice, rooms, lobby are very clean and decorated very well. The only drawback was not having a Continental breakfast. We had stayed here a couple of years ago, and they did have breakfast at that time, but it had a different name then. Staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor this time, second floor on other visit and found it very quiet both times...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at this motel for 5 days after leaving another motel I had booked. This is a pretty generic motel. The rooms are generous (at least as compared to the tiny old motels also found in Lake George). The whole motel is non-smoking except for a small area on the grounds that they have designated as a smoking area.

I think the staff was friendly. I got a great price on a weekday when lots of other motels in town also had vacancies. This is not in the center of Lake George, but very close and also very close to the highway, so for excursions, it is very fast to get out of town. Restaurants are close as are Lake George attractions. But it is also not far from Queensbury, which has restaurants and retail (because it is outside of the park).

I guess I would say that they need to pay more attention to housekeeping. The housekeeping is laxidasical. But the room had two queen beds, room to store our bikes, a fridge, microwave and a small table and 2 chairs.

The beds were comfortable, but they had mattress covers which felt like a plastic tarp, so that is really something that needs to be upgraded. But the bathroom was all new with new granite sinks and tile. It looks like they are upgrading the hotel.

The pool was pretty big, and heated, which I guess is a must in this part of the country, even in July. The only issue I had with the pool is that only 5 feet (lengthwise) was 3 feet deep. Five-sixths of the pool was > 3 feet deep, so my 6 year old, who is not a very good swimmer was mostly confined to 1/6 of the pool where he could stand up.

This motel is rated as #62 out of 88, but I liked it more than the motel rated #13 of 88. So I guess everyone has a different opinion. It was a good base for our vacation.

Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were going to Lake George for a family vacation and most of my family was staying at another hotel. The other hotel offered more in regards to extra amenities but in the end, we needed a room to stay in for two nights. We wanted to enjoy Lake George so we weren’t going to spending a lot of time in a hotel room or at the hotel.

Here are some “highlights” to help you with your next travel plans.

- Check in was easy, staff was friendly
- Room was clean and it was apparent upgrades were just made (new counters, newer mini-fridge and microwave).
- Morning coffee was fine for us since we brought our own breakfast (bring creamer if you don’t like powdered creamer). They did recommend local breakfast options.
- Housekeeping came around 3 and we were back at our room to take a break before dinner. They asked us if we needed housecleaning services but since we were letting our children rest so we said no. We asked if we could have some fresh hand towels since we used ours and she came right back with them.
- You will be charged $2 a night for the safe. We didn’t use it. For all the other fees that other hotels charge for amenities not used, it wasn’t worth the fight to try and get it off the bill.
- Although we didn’t use these things, they looked clean and maintained – pool, grill area, playground area.
- The lake isn’t walking distance to the hotel which was fine with us. If you want a lake view from this hotel, you aren’t going to get it. You pay for the view and short distance at other hotels.
- We do plan on returning to Lake George in the future. We may want to stay closer to the town and lake at that time but we would definitely consider this hotel again.

It’s unfortunate that other people had a bad experience at this hotel and you really can’t please everyone (although their issues with the hotel seemed valid). We were very happy with our stay (with the exception of the loud family across the hall who had two rooms and thought it was ok to go back and forth between the rooms allowing the door to slam from 12-2am.) I let the staff know that we enjoyed our stay and everything was great. It was obvious that they were trying to make changes and upgrades based on past negative reviews. I hope others try this hotel and bring up the rating because we feel it was worth the money (about $95/night compared to $100-150 more a night at other hotels).

Edgewater, NJ
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I spent the Saturday night at this hotel. After disastrous preceding reviews I was on high alert for trouble, but I am pleased to report that nothing went wrong and we had us a good weekend getaway.

The main reason I chose this hotel was because our getaway had to happen on a short notice and hotels where we stayed on previous visits were not available. Reviews for other hotels that had availability were even worse. My wife and I haven't stayed in a jacuzzi suite in a while. I've read a previous review which mentioned a condom on a picture frame, and it sounded like this place might be a good time!

When we entered the room, it looked neat and clean to me. Furnishings seemed to be in a good condition, all appliances and switches worked. The bathroom countertops were granite, and tile was in good condition. Sheets and towels were fresh. The bed was adequately comfortable, and it was quiet in the hotel at night, so we slept well.

The jacuzzi was clean when we arrived, and jets worked great. The only thing that confused me at first were electric switches, although by now I am used to hotel rooms where placement of switches makes no sense. To turn the jacuzzi on it was necessary to flip a switch on the wall above the jacuzzi, in addition to pushing the button that starts jets. Switches to turn on or dim the lights above the jacuzzi were on the side wall. I am posting a picture of the switches that I hope will help future guests. I am also posting pictures that show the condition of the room.

In my view the only reason NOT to recommend this hotel is its location. This hotel is located right off the on I-87, while the actual lake is about a mile further north on Route 9. This means that it is likely necessary to drive in order to get to the restaurants, shops and beaches. When in Lake George I recommend staying in the center of the town. In my opinion the hotel with the best location is Fort William Henry, because not only is it on Canada Street, which is the main shopping strip, but also it is right across Beach Road from the lake.

In summary, my experience in this hotel was positive. While it's not a five star resort, I think it's perfectly adequate for a night or two, and $200 for a jacuzzi suite during the peak season is a fair price. I am satisfied with my stay there, and I am happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: Take the jacuzzi suite :)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Belgrade, Maine
Reviewed 21 July 2013

There is an odor that I smell in certain hotels. It's a stale smell. This was in the lobby. Its just not fresh, but it was clean, not white glove clean but acceptable. The pool was very clean! The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. There is no breakfast - only coffee. The beds are comfortable and who has time for TV when Lake George is so beautiful and there is so much to do! It is quiet as well when you need to sleep. This hotel is away from the honky tonk which we appreciated.

1 Thank MajorJoy