“What was I paying so much for?”

Rodeway Inn Springhills Lake George
Ranked #65 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Ramsey, New Jersey
“What was I paying so much for?”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

So I was looking around for hotels to book on labor day weekend. I came across this hotel and thought, "oh well it doesn't look too promising, but it can't be that bad." So me and 2 other people booked the room. After having a little trouble finding it, we arrived at the hotel to find a dinky little pool, some random lawn chairs strewn about and the outside looking like it was in some desperate need of a white washing. "whatever" we though as we walked inside. There we saw a middle aged man who did not look at all pleased to be there. we informed him of our reservation and he brought us up. He asked us how many? we informed him of 3. to which he replied. "you're only booked for 2. that will be an extra $25." which we found extremely odd but said. "okay whatever fine" we got to our rooms and the best way to describe it was "adequate." it smelled like it used to be a smoking room and it wasn't spotless, but acceptable. the room was a bit hot so we went over to the air conditioner and turned it on. after leaving it on for a few minutes we were confused to find that it turned off on its own. We then find out that once the air conditioner turns the room to the desired degree, it turns back to the normal temperature and turns off. that is ridiculous. Luckily the wifi was free and the tv had a decent amount of channels. After a restless sleep we woke up to find out there was no continental breakfast and only coffee with powdered creamer. So i ask you, what in the world was the extra $25 for for an extra person? what extra benefit did they get? nothing. they're just greedy. the staff was not very friendly sans for one nice old janitor lady who was cleaning up some spilled coffee. In my opinion, she should be the manager. She is far friendlier and i'm certain would do a better job than the managerial staff. All in all, i'm disappointed. It wasn't horrendous, if you're looking for a free room when everything else is booked it will do in a pinch, but it's expensive and not worth it. we ended up spending nearly $200 for this room and in actuality, i would have MUCH rather spent it on 2 days in Disneyworld. If you HAVE to stay here, there's no bugs or anything, but only use it as a last resort. 2 out of 5.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brandon R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Nothing fancy but its close, clean, and reasonably priced. Only coffee in the morning, no breakfast. The staff is very nice. Off the beaten trail, but still close to attractions and the interstate. Swings for the kids. Non smoking rooms only. Outdoor pool.

Room Tip: They are all non-smoking.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Delson, QC
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel, is very close to highway and a bit separated from the main strip. Nevertheless it is close to downtown. The place was very clean and very confortable. There are Microwaves and fridge in the room bit no coffe maker. You have to get your coffe at the recption afetr 6:00 AM.
The staff was very nice and very helpfull. It was a perfect place for us since we wanted to bicycle in Lake George and to the racing track in Saratoga Spring.
We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

drove to lake George on a whim and used our phones to locate a hotel deal. no deals to be had. ended up at this place. which wasn't a bad walk to town for dinner, but could have also been a lot closer. A few things were outdated, but honestly the room was clean and everything worked well. the walls were PAPER THIN as you could hear the family next door a little too much and a lot too early. we had the upper corner room on the front side. the outside was very quite. a major downfall is that the windows didn't open the a/c didn't run that cold. the shower was good....it drained. that is a huge one when traveling. In the end, we could stay here again, but only for half the price. We paid 160/night and it was way to much for what you didn't get. Ie. Breakfast, coffee and good towels. and a window that opened.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel is right off i87. It is a ok emergency only motel the price is HIGH and the services is non-exsistance. Fee for early check in, fee for late check out, no breakfast of any kind, no coffee pots in rooms, has some available all day long IE very old. With Walmart powdered creamer. No laundry, staff not real friendly. This hotel makes you feel like they are doing you a favor. Instead of being thankful and glad to serve you. STAY AWAY UNLESS EMERGENCY!!

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

i checked into this hotel, there was one car in the parking lot. I booked the hotel on booking.com and was able to reserve the room and pay when i got there. I got there paid for the week in cash, the owner said he had no change to give me my 76$ change back, which i thought was very odd, so i said give me back a hundred dollar bill and ill put the other 24$ on my debit card. Miraculously he was able to give me the 76$ change. I walk into the room, it was hot and smelled, we requested a room with two queen bed we got a room with two double bed, open up the bed, no fitted sheets were on the mattress!, and a big orange sauce stain on the sheets! I walk into the bathroom turn the light on, it took five mins before turning on completely. The shower liner was moldy and orange, and the air conditioner barely worked. I changed my daughter's crap diaper, left it in the garbage. I went to the front desk and demanded a refund. He gave me back all my cash i paid upfront, and i went to stay elsewhere. Never again

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank xavierg8411
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My friend and I were able to book this motel, using my Choice Hotel points. The motel is very nice, rooms, lobby are very clean and decorated very well. The only drawback was not having a Continental breakfast. We had stayed here a couple of years ago, and they did have breakfast at that time, but it had a different name then. Staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor this time, second floor on other visit and found it very quiet both times...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends