“Classic HOJOs food”

Ranked #128 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Grand Re-opening of your old family favorite! Now open, just as you remember it. Largest salad bar in Lake George, soda fountain, ice cream sundaes, Fish Fry Friday's, open year round for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Wilton, New York
“Classic HOJOs food”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I go here for the fried clams. Have liked them ever since I was a kid. Not sure why they taste so good, but they do. Buffets are also excellent. Depending on who your waiter/waitress is, service can vary from excellent to terrible.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank BUCHYNDA

Ottawa, Canada
“Worst food ever, made me sick”
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We went in for the breakfast buffet and paid for it the whole day. Eating here ruined our trip to six flags.

I am not sure how eggs can be messed up but they did not taste like eggs. If all they have on there menu is scrambled eggs either there eggs are not eggs or that is all they know how to cook. The French Toast was not cooked properly at all. It looks like the egg like mixture was loaded on the griddle and bread thrown on top. The mixture was not soaked into the bread in the least in fact I separated the egg from the bread. The bacon was all undercooked and very limp and mostly still raw. The hash browns look to be deep fried and did not taste like potato. Finally the bucket of ketchup they had tasted like it has been sitting out for 3 or 4 days.

I was not able to eat very much from the hot side of the buffet as I did not find it very edible but what I did manage to eat did not stay down for long.

If you are looking for quantity over quality and have a strong stomach by all means go in but if you want flavor choose elsewhere.

1 Thank SGoulding
nickrapak
“An American Classic!”
Reviewed 5 August 2010

This restaurant is one of the last three Howard Johnson restaurants in the world, and it does a great job of respecting that tradition. We went here last September, on the last night of operation for the year (they are only open from May-September). I was with my parents, and they remembered the days when HoJos dotted the landscape. My mom ordered the hot roast beef, my dad ordered the fried clams, my sister ordered the mac n' cheese, and I ordered the fish and clams. All of the food was excellent, and was as good as my parents remembered. At first, the waitstaff seemed a little bored, but as time went on, they opened up and became more friendly. Whenever I am in Lake George, I will make it a point to come here again.

1 Thank nickrapak
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Great to be back at Hojo's again.”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We were in Lake George for the weekend, and Howard Johnson's was our restaurant for that time. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there. The restaurant has been recently remodeled, and looks fresh and new inside. Lots of tall windows make it bright and airy. The restaurant was very clean, as were the bathrooms. One of the managers, Pat, was very nice and quite helpful, along with an also wonderful staff. The breakfast buffet (only on the weekends) is not to be missed. Western scrambled eggs, homemade french toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, and hash browns are the main attractions, along with fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. It was all delicious. Lunch was good, especially the french fries. Friday night is all you can eat fish and clam fry, with of course the famous tender-fried clams, which were as good as I remembered. Beer and wine are available. We had the dinner buffet on Saturday because on it was one of my all time favorite Hojo items: Beef Burgundy. It was so good, I went back for seconds. We really enjoyed every meal, especially breakfast. And, the price couldn't be beat. If you stay at the Super 8 next door (as we did), you get 10% off at Hojo's. The only downside to this restaurant is that it is only opened seasonally, usually from mid May until early October. It was Hojo's the way I remembered as a kid and teenager. It's a shame that there are only 3 of them remaining.

1 Thank orangeroof