“The worst Service, Food, and experiance I ever had”

Howard Johnson's Restaurant
Ranked #128 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Grand Re-opening of your old family favorite! Now open, just as you remember it. Largest salad bar in Lake George, soda fountain, ice cream sundaes, Fish Fry Friday's, open year round for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Sheldon, VT, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst Service, Food, and experiance I ever had”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My family went on vacation to Lake George NY August 2011, and decided we wanted to go to the Howard Johnson Restraunt (BIG MISTAKE) We waited over 15 minuets to be served. ws shown a table and hostess left us standing there while she went to see if the table was already taken, it wasn't and we were seated. only 1 place setting at table, waitress who came didnt understand english well and had trouble taking our order and had the hostess help her, My husband and son got thier drinks in a timely fashion, I however waited 10 minuets and got a strawberry milkshake over flowing the glass and all over me, (we asked for napkins and the other 2 place settings) another women comes over says how many(for place settings we say we need 2) we ended up with 5 place settings. after waiting 40 minuets we finally get meal my husbands meal sizzeling hot, my sons kids pizza stone cold, my turkey dinner congelealed, after 1 bite I was nauseous, couldnt get the attention of waitress or hostess, we decided to leave, I was extremely irked for a 45.00 bill and my son and I couldn't eat. we waited 5 minuets to pay at the register and we went to subway. Never in my whole life, will I ever go to a Howard Johnson anything EVER!!! GROSSED OUT

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Angel1Sheldon_VT_USA

fishkill
“SO MANY MEMORIES!”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I was so excited when I found out that there was still a Howard Johnson's Restaurant in Lake George, NY. Growing up Howard Johnson's was one of our families favorite restaurants to visit while on vacation. No matter where you went there was always a Howard Johnson's near by. I still have my Howard Johnson's plastic bank, eraser and mirror from years ago. We decided to have the food we remembered....Clam Chowder, Fried Clams, Hot Dogs and the Macaroni and Cheese. What a great trip down memory lane.....I even purchased some HO JO Cups and a T-Shirt... It was such a great time remembering years ago.

• Visited August 2011
Wilton, New York
“Classic HOJOs food”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I go here for the fried clams. Have liked them ever since I was a kid. Not sure why they taste so good, but they do. Buffets are also excellent. Depending on who your waiter/waitress is, service can vary from excellent to terrible.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank BUCHYNDA
Ottawa, Canada
“Worst food ever, made me sick”
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We went in for the breakfast buffet and paid for it the whole day. Eating here ruined our trip to six flags.

I am not sure how eggs can be messed up but they did not taste like eggs. If all they have on there menu is scrambled eggs either there eggs are not eggs or that is all they know how to cook. The French Toast was not cooked properly at all. It looks like the egg like mixture was loaded on the griddle and bread thrown on top. The mixture was not soaked into the bread in the least in fact I separated the egg from the bread. The bacon was all undercooked and very limp and mostly still raw. The hash browns look to be deep fried and did not taste like potato. Finally the bucket of ketchup they had tasted like it has been sitting out for 3 or 4 days.

I was not able to eat very much from the hot side of the buffet as I did not find it very edible but what I did manage to eat did not stay down for long.

If you are looking for quantity over quality and have a strong stomach by all means go in but if you want flavor choose elsewhere.

1 Thank SGoulding
nickrapak
“An American Classic!”
Reviewed 5 August 2010

This restaurant is one of the last three Howard Johnson restaurants in the world, and it does a great job of respecting that tradition. We went here last September, on the last night of operation for the year (they are only open from May-September). I was with my parents, and they remembered the days when HoJos dotted the landscape. My mom ordered the hot roast beef, my dad ordered the fried clams, my sister ordered the mac n' cheese, and I ordered the fish and clams. All of the food was excellent, and was as good as my parents remembered. At first, the waitstaff seemed a little bored, but as time went on, they opened up and became more friendly. Whenever I am in Lake George, I will make it a point to come here again.

1 Thank nickrapak