“What an exceptional experience ”
Review of Bistro LeRoux

Bistro LeRoux
Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Bistro LeRoux, chef-owned and operated by culinary team Jacob and Tiffany Guay. Located at the corner of Bay Road and State Route 149, Bistro LeRoux blends the heritage inherent in its name with the innovation of its menu to offer a truly unique dining experience.Its menu offers sophisticated Adirondack Cuisine made with only the season’s freshest ingredients. Items range from its Veal Osso Bucco, to its Grand Marnier Bur Blanc Grilled Salmon. Bistro LeRoux is proud to also offer half-plate options to suit any appetite, and well as gluten-free and vegetarian meals. A full menu, including a children’s and dessert menu, can be viewed on this page. With so many options for dining, and a great selection of food brought to you in the spirit of family, all that’s missing from Bistro LeRoux is your company!Bistro LeRoux is open Wednesday - Sunday, (Closed Monday and Tuesday), from 5 pm to close.
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I had the opportunity to dine at Bistro Leroux this week with my family. We were absolutely blown away. Wha detail and attention. The menu was filled with highly original offerings. I had the crab cake risotto, which included braised beef and andouille sausage. To die for. Take the time to drive out of the village and hit this spot. Best food in the Adirondacks!

2  Thank Shawn J

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went to this restaurant on the basis of all the positive reviews. The food is indeed fine, although nothing really special. However the management needs to rethink the way to delivers "a night out" for its patrons. As a party of two we were first offered a small table jammed right against the cooking area within elbow distance of a large group (we had a reservation). When we asked for another table we were put in what was basically an aisle, at the end of a row of booths, with only a plywood board separating us from the backs of the heads of the diners on the other side. It was kind of icky. The waiter was all over us all night long and not in a good way. Wanted to take our orders right away, whisked the plates away before we could put our forks down, and generally made us feel uneasy. A young man whose only job it seems was to fill our water glasses hovered in the background all evening.

Overall this was not an inexpensive evening out, but we found ourselves afterwards standing in the parking lot feeling we had somehow been slightly ripped off. The chef/owners really need to learn a few things about how to treat their patrons.

5  Thank June K
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We happened upon this quaint French-inspired spot on a recent trip to the Adirondacks. We were blown away by the setting, the service and especially the cuisine! The menu was diverse and authentic. The preparation was elegant and sumptuous. We actually couldn't believe we were having this quality cuisine in this locale. Having recently been to Paris this rivaled where we went and what we were served. Bravo!

1  Thank Peter V
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Found this wonderful restaurant on Trip Advisor. Quite impressive. I've been going to Lake George for many years and never would have found this, if not for Trip Advisor. The inside is cozy and warm. The staff is very friendly. Prices are great. Food is wonderful. Don't be shy about trying something new. The way the ingredients play off of each other is just amazing. Had a crab cake appetizer, that was awesome. I felt from the taste there was a party going on in my mouth. It was just incredible. My husbands osso bucco dish was fantastic. My rib eye was good. Both dishes, the meat was like butter. What a gem this place is. Will definitely go back when in the area again. Service was attentive, not impeccable. ( A few dirty dishes/wine glasses were left as we moved on to dessert). I'm a little OCD, and had to ask for them to be removed. It was very busy and must be a popular spot w/the locals.

1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Went to dinner for my birthday and did not have one complaint! I'm usually pretty picky about my food and always have a least one food complaint everywhere I go but not here! Everything was absolutely amazing! The pommes frites are the best fries I've ever had! All the food was cooked perfectly and had great flavors! The service was excellent and well organized! The atmosphere is comfortable and classy! I could go on and on but I'm so completely full and pleased at the moment I am going to go dream about the great dinner I had! Keep doing what you're doing! Awesome!

1  Thank Porter622