“Favorite Camground Around”

Lake George RV Park
Newton, New Jersey
“Favorite Camground Around”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Year after year we choose Lake George RV Park as our campground when in the area. We love the convince from the Northway and the Village of Lake George itself. The staff is always nice and typically has been accommodating of our preferred site location. Majority of the sites are larger pull-thrus. The rest rooms are clean although outdated. There are a large amount of amenities for children and families. All 3 pools are clean although typically crowded. The pond for fishing is excellent. We have never eaten at the snack bar but the camp store includes a decent grocery area. The trolley service is free within the parks and to the outlets on Route 9. The other service which seems to be a common complaint on here is NOT operated by LGRV Park. We were at this years July 4th fireworks. We parked our own vehicle and had the same issues as those on the trolley had. It was not the trolley systems fault for traffic and every other stay we have never had such a issue. We recommend this park to everyone we know and meet looking to camp in the LG Region.

Room Tip: We like the Pine-North area sites. They are level, slightly sunny but provide some shade, and althou...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 136LEOW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Lake George RV Park is a first-rate RV park situated just minutes away from the town of Lake George. There is so much do do in the area, plus there is loads to do without even leaving the campsite. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, and they do a good job of making sure you have a great, relaxing time while you are in their care.

There are campsites for all sizes of RVs and there are all of the amenities you expect from a top-notch RV park. There are several pools, a couple lakes, laundry rooms, a well-stocked store with anything you might have forgotten to bring and anything you may need for a quick fix for your RV.

I would have given a better score on value if we didn't have to pay extra for bringing two children. I think the daily price should easily cover the costs of two kids. It is a family campground, so the price should cover the cost of a normal family.

I will be back if I ever get the chance. I love this campground.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank MtVernonMan
Dighton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This was our first time to Lake George RV park. We visited with 2 other couples. We were over in slot 137 and friends had 138. I was impressed with how clean the campground was. My site was basically flat, I did not even have to level my trailer. The spot we were in basically did not have any traffic at all, we were by the playground since there was 4 total kids 5 and under. The pool was nice and warm and clean. Overall this place was great. The staff didn't hound you, it was quiet during quiet time.

Now the bad. We were also stuck waiting for the trolley after the fireworks. The trolley service sucked! We waited 2 hours after the fireworks ended and got back to my trailer at 12:35am with 4 little kids in tow. I went to complain to the front desk and the only answer I got was "It's like that every year" no sorry or anything. I'm not looking for something free that's just not me. Well if it's like that every year how about adding another trolley. It's not very hard to figure that out. If enough people complain about a subcontractor maybe that current contractor should be replaced.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
lgrvp, General Manager at Lake George RV Park, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our facility. Although the Municipal Trolley service you reference in your review is operated by the Glens Falls Transit System and not the Lake George RV Park, we have a responsibility to our guests to advocate on their behalf for better service and a better overall experience when visiting our region. We will certainly pass your experiences on to this Municipal entity and work with them to provide better service to all of our guests.
Hubbardston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I am deeply disappointed with the RV Park's service in regards to the trolley service. Although they do provide free service to the front entrance of the park for a connection to the Lake George Transit Service, we found ourselves stranded after the 4th of July fireworks. We were asked to return to the bus stop promptly after the fireworks. We actually got in line at the bus stop before the fireworks ended. I wish I had taken a picture but there was at leas 150+ people waiting to board the southbound trolley back to the RV park. There was ONLY one trolley servicing the southbound passengers. The center of Lake George was packed with traffic when the fireworks ended at around 10 pm. The first trolley filled up quickly. The driver said she would be back to pick us all up. We waiting for 1.5 hours- no trolley. We landed up hailing down a cab that cost me $13.00. My poor friends didn't get the cab until 12:30 AM- another $15.00. All along there was these poor families and their kids exhausted, crying and scared about how they were going to get back to the RV park. I don't know what happened to the rest of the stranded families but I know the trolley inside the park was not servicing them back to their campsites. We had a site across from the trolley stop. These poor people had to walk in the dark back to their sites after their horrific ordeal. I'm sure this happens every year but the RV park should have an arrangement with the transit company for adequate service back to the RV park. There were at least two trolleys back to Glen Falls and on the Northbound service line. Why only one trolley going southbound to service the RV park?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I am sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience with the Municipal Trolley service that serves Lake George Village and surrounding communities. It is always dissapointing when a guest of ours has an unfavorable experience with a service that we do not directly control. We do, however, take steps to inform our guests ahead of time of potential problems that may occur. In this case multiple signs were posted at the location where the Municipal Trolley picks our guests up warning them to arrange for alternate transportation back from the 4th of July fireworks as the municipal trolley can get overwhelmed with everyone wanting to come back to the park at once. We will certainly pass these concerns on to the director of this municipal service so that improvements can be implemented.
Town of Newburgh, NY
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We rented a park model for the weekend of May 31-June 2, 2013. It is an awesome campground! Very clean and every amenity that you could possibly ask for. We had Site 310. Spacious interior, nice Weber grill, comfortable porch. The trolley system takes you throughout the park as well as to the outlets. There are several pools, both indoor and outdoor. I highly recommend this campground and will definitely come back!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank beachie419
Farmingville, New York
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My family (4 kids ages 4-18) love this Park. We have been her 3 times and love it. It is truly a family campground. Never any issues with rowdy, noisy groups and it has that safe feel where you can let your kids ride their bikes and not worry. There are tons of activities. The facilities are spotless and bathrooms/showers are cleaned multiple times throughout the day. The trolley service on the grounds and to take you into town are great and give the kids a true vacation feel. I highly recommend this campground. You get what you pay for!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Maroneclan
Ringwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We've stayed here before and knew exactly which sites our rig would fit into. So when I made our reservation, I stated 3 sites that would be acceptable to us. Their policy is that they cannot guarantee the site, but would do their best. I figured that we would at least get one of the three. When we arrived, they stuck us into an unlevel site that made it impossible for us to open our pull trailer door. They claimed that this was the ONLY site they had left. When asked about the sites I had requested, they said that other people had requested those sites before us, so they had to honor their request first. So my complaint is that when I made the reservation, they knew darn well at that time that those sites were not available but neglected to tell me, leading me to believe the site may be available. I would not have made the reservation if they could not guarantee me a level site. When asked about a refund of our deposit, we were told "Don't even go there." We finally got the manager involved and they refunded our $100 deposit and we found a wonderful campground for 1/2 the price. I suggest that you check out the neighboring campgrounds before committing to this one. When we've stayed there in the past, we were not all that impressed with the facilities, but chose to come back because of location.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank HarleyBailey
LGRVP1966, General Manager at Lake George RV Park, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
I personally worked with this customer in trying to resolve their problem. I offered several alternative sites but the husband became so belligerent at the front desk, I had to ask him to leave as he was making other guests uneasy. We always do our best to satisfy every guest. When only a few site requests are made during peak business times, it is sometimes difficult to honor these requests. We do have over 300 very large and level full hookup sites in our facility.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake George
#21 of 89 in Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#15 of 89 in Lake George
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Lake George RV Park? Share your experiences!