“"Very Good Park to Visit"”

and 1 more site!
Lake George RV Park
Bourget, Canada
“"Very Good Park to Visit"”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First time to the Lake George area, and what a cluster of available RV accommodations. Settled on the Lake George RV Resort mainly out of interest to see this place. The website sure indicated many, many activities. A little hesitant at first due to the cost, but in the end, WOW. Impressive right from the start. Clean, organized, landscaping. Employee's that seemed to "want to be at the job". It is a huge complex, but organized. As others have mentioned, quite the dog park coming later this year. Nothing is done, and built second rate. Simple things like your own garbage can, and daily pickup. Trolley service to the outlet malls and to the lake. And activities. We don't have kids, but could not imagine a better, safer campground. Met many families who have been coming for twenty years and longer. Larger sites. And even with the trees, the best WiFi found in many, many years. Great bike paths, which connect to the Lake George bike path. If it is your first time, don't hesitate. Those of you that return year after year, I now understand why.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank DandP2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My husband & I & our son stayed here for 10 days & it was one of the best campgrounds we have been to!! The staff here are super nice & accomodating, all the facilities are so clean, the grounds are beautiful & clean. Trash was picked up daily, the shows , programs, activities, movies are just amazing!! So much to do in the campground, so many fun things for kids.
The pools are awesome!! I cannot say enough good things about Lake George RV Park!! Loved it!! Will definitely stay here again & recommend to everyone! Thank you Lake George RV Park for giving us an absolutely wonderful 2014 family vacation! You guys rock!!
The Witmer Family from PA

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cupcake871
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Upon arriving it was very busy, lots of people coming and going seemed like a very active park, great for kids. The check in was a good experience. There is a nice store with good selection and decent prices (for a camp store). When we proceeded to the camp site it started to go down hill a bit. Our pop up does not have 30 amp hookup so I called the office and they told me they had them at the store and I had to buy it so I did, about 15 bucks. A few days later I found out that they had smaller ones under the counter for only 5 dollar deposit, It would have been nice to know that up front since they didn't want to let me return the one I bought and use the 5 dollar one. The campground in general was wooded for the most part but some are in the open sun. I had stated I prefer shade and privacy three months in advance. I received a spot wide enough for the trailer with about 8-10 feet of width for enjoying the outdoors. Very small slots they wedge you into. There are very few larger and it would be like winning the lottery to be lucky enough to end up in one of them and they aren't great either. Our site was also half sun which I do not consider a shady spot it was very hot and our view from the site was of an open area that reminded me of a trailer park more than a campground. A mostly gravel area with a bunch of campers baking in the hot sun. By the time we left it was a mostly vacant gravel area. Being small pull through sites made for not only close neighbors on the sides but also on the ends as there is a road veeeery close on both ends with little room to park on either side. we had only one vehicle. We would have been very cramped with two. The bath rooms were close to us which was great for us but there are only three in the camp area but worst of all the mens room had 1 (one) yes ONE toilet! Very awkward trying to find one available and when you do it is difficult to relax because people keep coming in to use it and waiting for you to finish. we had to travel around the campground trying to find a toilet to use. Some vacation, we couldn't wait to get home to be able to use a bathroom when we needed to. Other wise the bathrooms were clean and the showers were excellent with locking doors. Five showers (unisex) to three toilets (1 men, 2 women) per bathhouse. They are obviously expecting more people to use the toilets in their campers than the showers. outside the camp area there are good nightly activities including Movies and live shows and bingo. The live shows were very good but they are at the same time as the movies. so you have to pick one you can't do both which was frustrating but probably good otherwise they would all be packed and you may not be able to get in especially when the weather is hot or cold. morning nature activities were ok especially for younger children and plenty of pools but they were very busy while we were there as it was very hot during July 4th week. I rate the camp area below average and the rest of the park above average so overall it is average. However if you just want a place park an RV and don't spend a lot of time in your site outside of your Rv this may above average. If you enjoy CAMPING and not as interested in the shows etc this may be below average. It depends on what you are looking for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
lgrvp, General Manager at Lake George RV Park, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Scot S,

Thank you for your detailed review of your camping experience with us. We love to hear from our guests as it helps us know what we are doing right as well as what we can improve on. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and am happy to find out that we delivered. As you might expect, the July 4th time period is a peak business time for us and we are filled to capacity. Our average site width in our facility is 40 ft. If you felt your particular site was too narrow for your liking, I wish we could have known so we would have had an oportunity to offer you a different site more to your liking. We do provide multiple restroom facilities, usually several within walking distance to one another. The majority have more than one toilet in the Men's room. As a full service RV park, every one of our sites has a sewer hookup. Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!
York Pa
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed there during the 4th of July with my wife. We have a 38 ft class A pulling 2 Harley's in an enclosed trailer and we fit in our space easily. Space 171 was very nice...place is spotless...bathrooms are clean and shower area is very nice. This is not a cheap place but we feel for the money it's well worth it. Great staff and WiFi and Cable were excellent...we will be back

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Oakhurst, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Cons- can't pick your site when you make reservations. Then when you sign in there are many open sites, even around where we ended up but they only tell you that one or two are open. Don't understand, thought it was first come first serve.
-Lots of hills, caution bike riders for the bike paths.
- dog park not open yet
- playhouse and other pool is not within walking distance.
- main pool is right by entrance by main road. Pool is only 3ft and 4 FT deep.
-firewood is 7.50 per pack
Pros
- fairly big sites that are wooded no matter where you are
Close to lake George and activities. About 10 min drive north
- walmart and target 10 min south. Food store 15 min south
-paved bike paths and roads.
-asked for manager on check in to get a better or little wider site.

• Stayed June 2014
connecticut
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am not your typical camper. Our family has been camping for years and I enjoy the outdoors with my family. We just purchased a new travel trailer that has all the bells and whistles, so my friends tease me that I know nothing of real camping. I have visited many campgrounds but I have not seen anything like Lake George rv park. Now this is truly a park, not a campground. First of all, I have never seen a campground so clean! The landscaping is like a botanical garden and the sites are clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful like when our truck wouldn't start because we left our lights on, the lady at the front desk brought her truck to us to jump our truck.. There are five pools, 2 movies theaters, three playgrounds, a pond for paddle boats, a separate ponds for fishing, a paved and smooth 3 mile bike path all over the park and did I mention how clean and beautiful everything was? The owners has truly created a rv resort and we will be back. Oh and for you glam campers there is a shopping outlet that you could literally walk to from the resort. Beautiful lake George is only. 3 miles away. You will enjoy this oasis .... This is what camping should be!

Room Tip: Some of the sites are close so look for a back in site that has some extra room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank islandtravel07
South Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have been going to Lake George RV Park for over 40 years. As a child, this RV Park is where my family vacationed. Lake George RV Park is spotless. There are 3 levels. The top level has nice campsites with the French Mountain Trading Post, West Movie Theatre, Arcade, outdoor pools, bingo hall, bonfire area and the fitness center just a short walk away. The middle level campsites are more wooded. This level has the ball fields. The bottom level is where I suggest you should stay. All the campsites are big, open with high pine trees behind the campsites. This level has the French Valley Playhouse, Movie Theatre, Ice Cream Shop, Indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool, a over 21 lounge, paddle boat pond and a fishing pond. The trails through out the park are all paved. There are miles of paved trails from the campground all the way to Lake George. The trolley moves around the campground free of charge. You can get on at any Trolley stop and go to any level for any activity you want to do. Now that I have a family of my own, my kids also love Lake George RV Park. Our Reservations are already made for the summer. Lake George RV Park is truly a one of a kind. The King family has made this campground top notch.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
#21 of 89 in Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#14 of 89 in Lake George
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Lake George RV Park? Share your experiences!