“Beautiful rooms and beautiful location”
Review of Tea Island Resort

Tea Island Resort
Ranked #6 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My experience at Tea Island was amazing. The vaulted and beamed ceiling in the room created a light,airy and rustic feeling, while the furniture added a modern touch. The view of the lake,outside the large glass sliding door, was breathtaking and the access to lake was extremely convenient. The staff was also extremely friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Tea Island Resort

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The room and bathroom were dirty and there were dead bugs in every corner of the ceiling. The sheets on the bed smelled when we got there and when they were changed. When I researched the hotel the information stated the rooms are renovated. They are not renovated, they are refurnished. Among other things, the carpet looked to be 10 years old, at least.

The air conditioner was not cooling well so we opened it to check the filter which looked as if it had never been cleaned. I took out the filter and left it propped up against the AC unit which I thought, was a not so subtle hint. When the maid cleaned the room, she just put the dirty filter back in! We just gave up and cleaned it ourselves. The free WiFi they offer kept going in and out every few seconds, it was so frustrating.Instead, I had to use the WiFi on my phone to use my tablet.

The amenities for outdoor activities to do with the lake are good as they have different boats and a private beach, and the view is nice. However, many places have boats and a beach and I'm sure, are cleaner and cheaper than the Tea Island Resort. I cannot believe the 4 and 5 star reviews of this place. I do not at all recommend staying here, it is just dirty.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Vacati0n2
atikaw, Owner at Tea Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

I am sorry to hear about your problems and that we did not meet your expectations with us. As you can tell by our other reviews, your experience is not at all typical. We value all of our guest’s feedback very much, and thank you for your comments. We also take a great deal of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, our responsiveness to guest’s desires, and customer service. We work hard to prepare all rooms for our guests… and when there is an issue we work doubly hard to rectify it…. every time. We wish we had had the opportunity to address these issues as soon as they were encountered.
We are glad however that you enjoyed the use of our boats and beautiful location, and would like to thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

The resort is located on a quiet part of the lake and has kayaks and paddle boats for guest usage. The property was well kept and the rooms were clean. The only issue we had was there was a misunderstanding with the person taking our reservation and had us coming the following week. This caused an overbooking situation that was rectified by the hotel owners who found us a room at their nephews motel The Park Lane right down the road on the lake. This actually worked out better for because The Park Lane had a pool which was great for my kids. Overall I would reccomend the tea island resort but when I return to lake George I will be staying at the park lane motel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We come to Lake George, NY to enjoy the smaller scale Six-Flags located here. It is still an awesome Six-Flags but with many more Mild and Intermediate rides for our family to enjoy. After enjoying our first night at the Country Inn & Suites (which is right behind the park) and the perfect spot to leave your car and walk into Six-Flags we were looking for a place on Lake George and stumbled across Tea Island Resort. How odd I thought, "the bedding in theses pictures looks exactly like the duvets at Country Inn"...When we travel, my top priority is spotlessly clean rooms (did the maid stint to help pay for University and people are gross in Hotels...) and Quality mattresses with a choice of pillows.
Tea Island is family owned and operated by Dave and Theresa, the new owners are very experienced in the hospitality business and it shows in the care, cleanliness, and by their visibility on the property to ensuring you find life jackets for the SUP boards, kayaks or peddle boats (all included with your stay). They were also there to help my son re string his fishing line and take some time to chat with my husband about places to eat! We were shown to the storage room for other games like horse shoes, badminton, whiffle ball, and the adjoining hot tub!

The resort is located in Boulder Bay, which is just north past the main Village of Lake George (exit 22 and keep to the left!). It is on a large, quiet bay, of very deep clear water, behind Tea Island so the winds, big waves and big boats with the parasailing, steam ship tours, water skiiers, etc are not a bother to your play but still enjoyable to watch. There is a hill to walk which will ensure you get your daily quota of exercise or you can drive down the path from the cottages. Our kids loved to roll down it! The Sandy beach and protected swimming area are perfect for digging and splashing, I stayed dry on the elevated deck over the boat slips to catch some unobstructed sun and peace.

Propane BBQ's are available to use and the ONLY reason i gave this resort a 4 Star rating. We anticipated an oven in the kitchenette to cook late night snacks - but BBQ nuggets and pizza worked out ok. If you are going to Six Flags stay here and ask the owners for parking help. They have a few tricks up their sleeves!

Lastly, this resort, while not huge is perfect, it was not crowded, I was able to get a sun deck chair easily, the beds were clean, comfortable and awesome after a long day of playing; the adjoining cabins were perfect for our family of 5 with 3 tweens. We will be back to play again soon.

Room Tip: Cabin 6 has 1 Queen bed in a separate room from the main area and can open up to adjoin to cabin 7...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Play_FIRST
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The owners are on site daily. Dave and Theresa are very friendly and make you feel very welcome. The view is great and they offer paddle boats and kyaks at no charge. The location is perfect, close enough to town to walk but far enough away to be quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank GREGFROMMA
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Tea Island is such a wonderful place to stay. We stayed for almost a week and it was so relaxing with such beautiful views! Our room looked right out over the lake, which was a delight to wake up to every morning! They rooms stayed nice and cool and and had a nice desk where my husband set up his on the road office. Wonderful staff and a great deck to lay on by the water with paddle boats! Cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea L
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Tea Island Resort in Lake George for a wedding. The grounds were wonderful and quiet. They have grills for cooking, playscape for the kids. The rooms had a nice view of the lake and had a kitchen -which was very convenient. The lake was spectacular with the use of boats and kayaks. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family