“Terrible!”

Lake View Inn Lake George
Ranked #23 of 25 Lake George B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Terrible! They tried to charge me an extra 250$ because of the leaking in the bathroom. The water on the floor is no more than two cups, and the water is taken to the floor mostly because that I have to run to answer the door while I was taking the shower (three times!). Fortunately I succeed to dispute it through my credit card provider. But definitely I will NEVER EVER stay there again!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 September 2013

As soon as we looked in the drawer for the folder that featured hotel amenities I knew we were in trouble. No Gideon's Bible. ( It was an omen.) No coffee pot, alarm clock, curtains on the window, or picture on the wall. There weren't any dressers or places to hang garments. No phone or cell phone service. I went out to sit in one of the cheap plastic chairs and the legs collapsed, They're were garment price tags and pistachio shells on the floor from previous guests. Just as my mother and I were falling asleep the smoke detector woke us up to let us know that it needed batteries. Great! We can't even call the call the fire department! This place is located on the main street and offers a very limited view of the lake. If someone wants a good deal I suggest they buy a tent before considering a stay in this run-down establishment that hired the Department of Corrections to do their interior decorating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sharononprospect
Reviewed 9 September 2013

NEVER stay here! They mixed up the reservation and shorted us a bed. When I called to confirm the manager proceeded to yell that it wasn't their fault. I asked if a cot could be brought in and she was unsure that it would fit. I asked to be switched to another room and she said there were none. It was a car show weekend and everything was booked. She was nothing but rude the entire conversation and actually was yelling at me. She yelled repeatedly that it was not their fault. She said my name was going on a list so that I would not be able to stay there in the future. I told her I would never stay here again! Later she called to say she switched me with someone else. When we arrived the next day, the place was a dump! Having stayed at seaside motels before I didn't expect much. I did expect a clean room. The place had dead bugs and mold everywhere. It hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The bathroom floor was rotted and the shower curtain had mold all over it. There was no phone and a cracked tv in the room. I would NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! It's worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerry D
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I highly suggest if anybody stays in Lake George to never stay at the lake view inn, the service was terrible the rooms were dumbest room I have ever stayed in and very overpriced, was told could not have 2 of there nicer dumby rooms after pay $1000.00 car show weekend

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank justinsgrammie
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I arrived in Lake George on Friday of Labor day weekend 8/30/2013. With no reservations, as we were just traveling wherever and camping, we came into LG from the Adirondacks where we had been camping for 2 days without a shower. We decided we wanted to stay in a motel so we can "freshen up". All other places in town were sold out. or had one or two rooms left at $250+.
We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to our room($99 plus tax). A freshly remodeled room with new "hardwood" flooring, a new vanity, shower and fresh paint throughout. And an A/C that worked(a big plus for us). Beds were comfortable. No sign of bugs, or that room was not clean.

pros: clean, microwave, mini-fridge, plenty of clean linens, 10 min walk to downtown, 5 min walk to public beach, clean, nightly rate

cons: Place needs a makeover on the outside, no: blow dryer, iron, ironing board, continental breakfast, no flat screen TV, no pool

but, if you are looking for what I listed as "cons" you're gonna pay $$$$$

Overall: If you just need a clean, convenient place to stay and don't need all the "bougie" perks, stay here!! We will again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirk p
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed at the Lake View Inn for the third annual Lake George Music Festival. We made

reservations one month prior to the festival and the only criteria was one full week, Friday

to Friday, and that the room was to be inexpensive with two beds and close to the center of

the village.

The maid staff was friendly, courteous, and always helpful. All rooms were cleaned in late

morning, so you could sleep in late and not be disturbed. All linens and fresh, thick

towels were changed daily.

The manager, Mary, is to be commended for her always helpful and always courteous attitude.

The Inn has 20 units on two floors, all overlooking the parking lot facing south on Canada

Street. Great restaurant choices for breakfast, lunch, or dinner are all within an easy five

to ten minute walk in either direction. Parking space is ample for guests. BTW, no handicap

access for any room.

Our room, which was fairly typical of all units, had a full bath, two double beds, a tube-

type TV with extremely poor reception, a dorm-type refrigerator and a small microwave. Both

my friend and I are typical 6-foot medium-build males, and we had to take turns standing

aside to navigate through the room. The bathroom's toilet faced the bathtub, with three

inches space. You had to sit sideways on the toilet. Thankfully, the shower head was

mounted about 7 feet high so neither of us banged our heads in the shower.

If you are looking for a clean and inexpensive room, although small, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center available
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Inmycar
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Not sure what to say? Never had to write anything like this. We left 1 day early and had no problem losing our hard earned money to drive home 1 day early. It was disgusting, dirty outdated ect, ect. Not one person slept due to fear of bugs!! My wife and 2 girls used a porta-potty at a horse ranch and said that it was cleaner then the bathroom!! A PORTA-POTTY!! DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family