“Amazing stay!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Adirondack Camping Village
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family and I wanted to start tent camping. We found this place, cause of the good reviews, it was perfect. This ground were kind of "hilly" but nothing we couldn't handle by foot. My kids (2 and 3) had lots of fun on the playgrounds, and loved the little nature trail they have throughout the grounds. Our site had water and electric and was close to the bathroom, which was clean enough for an old campground. We are already talking about booking another stay here, for a little longer next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Courtney D

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I spent a long time trying to find a great place close to Lake George Village to camp at with my family. Previously we had stayed at Lake George Escape, and the past couple of years have really gone down hill there. Adirondack Camping Village was 100 times better than Lake George Escape and exactly what we were looking for!

We stayed at a "Hike In" Site - which is a site that is set back from the road, up a little bit of a walk, about 50 ft or so. It was AMAZING! The site was very private, to the back of us was nothing but woods, and to the sides were other hike in sites but far enough away where my kids could play in the woods and not be on top of the neighbor. Neither neighbors were present when we camped so it was very secluded and private.

I was a little concerned about the showers since I had seen poor reviews on them, however I showered early in the morning when I woke up and the showers smelled as though they had just been cleaned, and looked very clean as well. They are on a timer, but its a 15 minute timer and its not hard to reset. Also, you can adjust the water temp from right inside the shower like a normal shower. I will say that the showers in the pool area looked much smaller than the showers in the restroom near our site. The bathrooms were very clean and smelled clean each morning as well.

The pool area was great. They have a small wading pool which was about a foot deep with little fountains squirting out, which the kids loved. They also had a 5 foot deep pool for adults which was very large (and even though it said 5 feet I think it was deeper?) Both were heated. At the time of our stay (early June) the pool was basically empty and we had the place to ourselves all morning.

What I liked most about this campground, is that it was very wooded. Even other sites that were not Hike In sites looked very wooded and large. One of my favorites I saw while walking around was one that was right next to the stream. It thought that would be neat to have next to a site! There were short hiking trails which I took my kids on and they absolutely loved them. There were HUGE rocks my kids climbed. The "short way" was about ten minutes (and a small jump over a small creek) and the "long way" was about 15 and up a hill. The kids had a great time, and I could see them having a good time going on it themselves when they are older. There was also a small stream going through the middle which added a nice sound on our walk from our site to the bathrooms and to hike, etc. There were little orange salamander everywhere!!! They were really cute and the kids loved looking for them on our walks as well.

There were complaints about being able to hear the highway at all times and so I was nervous about that as well. The last thing I want to do is camp and hear the highway. At our hike in site, I could not hear the highway, but I could hear it at the pool and the sites closer to the entrance. At the sites closer to the entrance it was very loud. Even with being able to hear it, I will hands down stay at this campgrounds again because I cannot think of anything else that was negative about this place.

Another aspect I really enjoyed was that this campground is literally on the same road as all the shops in Lake George. Turn out of the campgrounds and your minutes from shopping! Literally. Even though it was close to the village, it was still very wooded and secluded.

I also had the chance to check out the inside of a cabin while I was there. They were beautiful, clean, had air conditioning, and electricity. There was a queen bed and a bunk bed. No table or chairs. Came with a picnic table and a grill. The cabin I looked at was really cute on top of a hill and secluded.

The only reason I didn't give this place a 5 is because of the sound of the highway. Like I said it really didn't bother me, I couldn't hear it at my site, only while walking around near the front. I would suggest looking at the map and finding something away from the entrance.

I will definetly be staying here next year!!

Room Tip: Choose a site away from the entrance!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank MMLEM
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My family and I just returned from a few days at Adirondack Camping Village. We really liked this campground a lot! As we were deciding between this and the high priced Lake George RV Park, we were expecting more of a parking lot full of RV's. Couldn't have been more wrong. Lots of hills and beautiful trees everywhere. The restrooms were always clean and smelled fresh. Our girls both loved the pools, and we spent a few hours at the pool relaxing each afternoon. We were also able to catch a couple of the movies, which were a lot of fun! Unfortunately, we were not around for the hayrides, though we saw the tractor there. The hosts were very pleasant, the store was well stocked with the basics. What we especially enjoyed was the lack of traffic around the camping loops which allowed our kids to play catch and not have to worry about cars coming through, and the quietness of the park. There were no obnoxious campers, just the wind in the trees and plenty of atmosphere for relaxing. I guess the only downside was that our side was incredibly small. Based on other reviews, I was hoping it would be a bit more roomy. Luckily, our kids made friends with the neighbors, which was handy since our campers were about 15 feet away from one another. I can imagine it would have been less than ideal if we didn't have such good neighbors. The neighbor on the other side spliced his cable into our post, which I found odd, but whatever. Didn't notice it til the morning we left. He had a cable site, so not sure what the deal was there. In any event, the size of the site was not a dealbreaker, though I'd request a different one in the same loop next time (#69). When we return to Lake George, we will definitely return to ACV.

3  Thank colesks
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I just loved my stay there!
Our site was very clean, big, private and shady!

We are in à tent so we took a site near the bathrooms.
Bathrooms and showers were ok, but needs updating.

There is a tractor ride everyday at 4pm and a movie at 7:30.

Its close the Lake George Village and the Outlets.

1  Thank Elimaza
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Lake George was excellent. Make sure you head up to Bolton Landing-great little town. Campground was very good. Bathrooms were clean, pool was very nice but the site I had was pretty close to the people on both sides of my camper. There were other sites which were much larger and if I go back I will request on of them. Staff was ok but I did not find them very friendly in the store.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pjdlonthemove
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We really liked this campground. I wasn't aware until we arrived that many sites have seasonal campers on them. Not a problem it just surprised me. We had site 83 and thought we might have had one of the best sites there. Full hookup, shady, private.
The place does have many steep hills. Just the turn into the campground from the road is sharp and steep. However, this wasn't a problem for us and we liked the interesting layout.
We enjoyed the pool area (wish it were open later than 8pm). The office and staff seemed nice, too.
The place is convenient to Lake George as well. We drove into Lake George and had no problem with parking (bring change for the street meters).

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed in the RV circle. We have a 26' trailer and our site was long enough. The space between our site and the neighbour was reasonable. The only problem was the sewer pipe was at the beginning of the site when all the trailers have their hook ups in the back of the trailer. It was quiet, no late parties, mostly over night stoppers. The only negative waste WIFI. It's only available at the front office and not too strong reception. Had to ask the staff to reboot their system a couple of time. But besides that was really nice campground. Can't do much bicycling cause the campground is set on a hill!!! So if you want to have strong legs that's the place to do it. Love the location : really close to shopping, restaurant, attractions in the village.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple